Windows 10: Task bar unwanted moving problem

Discus and support Task bar unwanted moving problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I run 3 monitors. The order is 1, 2 , 3 from left to right. 2 monitor is main display. I want the task bar to stay on the left side of monitor 1. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fumbles, May 28, 2020.

1. Fumbles Win User

Task bar unwanted moving problem

I run 3 monitors. The order is 1, 2 , 3 from left to right. 2 monitor is main display. I want the task bar to stay on the left side of monitor 1. My system stays on 24/7 but the monitors turn off after 1 hour of no activity because I run SETI. When I reactivate the computer and the monitors turn back on the task bar has moved from the left of monitor 1 to the left of monitor 2. How do I make the task bar stay permanently on monitor 1?

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.836)

:)

Fumbles, May 28, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 28, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 28, 2020
  4. Task bar unwanted moving problem

Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Task bar unwanted moving problem

1. Task bar unwanted moving problem - Similar Threads - Task bar unwanted

2. Move Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  3. Move Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Task Bar: how can i move the task bar in windows 11 so that it runs top to bottom down the left side of the screeen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar/7ec3ff20-72e6-4b7c-948a-5247d7e4b3c8
  4. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  5. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  6. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  7. Task bar problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar problems: I'm on a Japanese version of Windows 10, with English set as my main language, dual monitors.After installing the June Windows update, some icons are not showing in my taskbar, and my taskbar keep resetting itself- everything freezes for a few seconds, the taskbar disappears,...
  8. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  9. Problem on task bar

Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911
  10. Frustrating unwanted task bar

Frustrating unwanted task bar: How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frustrating-unwanted-task-bar/b9552b77-27e8-41e1-893f-c519af982c60