Windows 10: task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

Discus and support task bar will not go away when i go to a different program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; task bar will not go away when I go to a different program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanDavis6, Dec 11, 2019.

1. task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

task bar will not go away when I go to a different program

:)

NathanDavis6, Dec 11, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Dec 11, 2019
  4. task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

Unable to reopen programs from the task bar

Hi Rob,

For us to narrow down your concern with reopening your programs from the task bar, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

1. task bar will not go away when i go to a different program - Similar Threads - task bar away

2. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  3. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  4. Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?: I've had this problem for years but just thought it was a glitch that would be remedied through an update. I was wrong. Is there any way of getting Task Manager to function properly so when you Alt_Tab away from it you see the other window/program? With mine it doesn't do...
  5. Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 Task Manager: Why does this not go away when I Alt_Tab away from it?: I've had this problem for years but just thought it was a glitch that would be remedied through an update. I was wrong. Is there any way of getting Task Manager to function properly so when you Alt_Tab away from it you see the other window/program? With mine it doesn't do...
  6. Vertical light bar - won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical light bar - won't go away: I have a vertical light bar on my desk top and it stays on top of every page I open up. The slide is full on all the time and I can't move its position. Any idea how I can get rid of it? Thank you! Chicki...
  7. Media bar will not go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media bar will not go away: Hello, I've been trying to watch movies on my laptop but the gigantic media bar which shows volume and what you're playing next to it will not go away. Literally as its starting to fade away, it will immediately come back.It tends to happen during loud scenes which seems to...
  8. Sound bar that won't go away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound bar that won't go away.: Several months ago I ran an update and ended up with a sound bar on the top left and middle of my screen. For months, I have been unplugging my mouse and keyboard as I restart my machine and magically this has worked, however, now it doesn't. I am not computer savvy,...
  9. The task bar and exit options won’t go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The task bar and exit options won’t go away: So yesterday I deleted and re downloaded modern warfare because or something I won’t go into now. But ever since I started playing again the taskbar and the exit button won’t go away. This never happened the first time and I have not even opened setting since deleting it...
  10. the volume bar does not go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    the volume bar does not go away: so this has benn like this sice the beggining i think but i just noticed it now [ATTACH] and i it does not go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-volume-bar-does-not-go-away/070c5aa1-152c-4c83-acf1-6905f845c923