Windows 10: Task Bar

Discus and support Task Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is only letting me add 3 things to the taskbar but I want more than that. How do I do that? When I add a fourth, it gets rid of the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShelbyJK, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ShelbyJK Win User

Task Bar

My computer is only letting me add 3 things to the taskbar but I want more than that. How do I do that? When I add a fourth, it gets rid of the one farthest to the left.

Thanks

:)

ShelbyJK, Oct 15, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Task Bar

task bar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below step:

• Right click on the task bar and check if the option "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked.
    • If it is check, I request you to unchecked it.
    • Now drag the taskbar down.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Task Bar

1. Task Bar - Similar Threads - Task Bar

2. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  3. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  4. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  5. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  6. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

8. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  10. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...