Windows 10: task bar

Discus and support task bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I can't get my search button to work in my task bar. Any suggestions... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Grandmom_ster, Dec 31, 2018.

1. task bar

I can't get my search button to work in my task bar. Any suggestions

:)

Grandmom_ster, Dec 31, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

task bar

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

task bar

1. task bar - Similar Threads - task bar

2. Search will not work via task bar or within open folders

in Cortana
    Search will not work via task bar or within open folders: I am on the Slow ring running version 19041.21 on windows 10 pro. I can search on my personal account. I cannot search on my domain account work - there are no policy restrictions in place Search on taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and attempt to search the...
  3. Task Bar Color Change No Longer Available Since Update in Jan 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Color Change No Longer Available Since Update in Jan 2020: Since my last update, Jan 2020, my task bar has grayed and I'm not allowed to change the color because the box to click to allow to change the task bar color is not available anymore. It is grayed out, not highlighted, not allowed to choose. There is no way for me to change...
  4. Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.: That's it, thanks! submitted by /u/RudRecciah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er5mta/looking_for_a_shell_that_removes_task_bar_only/
  5. Change task bar color so that it isn't greyed out

Change task bar color so that it isn't greyed out: How to activate "change task bar color?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-task-bar-color-so-that-it-isnt-greyed-out/9a9d4a64-8e5e-471d-b1d9-bc43ebb8dd3a
  6. color theme of start, task bar and titel bar

color theme of start, task bar and titel bar: how to change color theme of start, task bar and titel bar back to default in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-theme-of-start-task-bar-and-titel-bar/34e721ce-ef48-4ce1-8532-fa39bf25e7f8
  7. Task bar icons are too small

Task bar icons are too small: Windows 7 has a way to make the icons on the task bar significantly larger--n essential resource for those with poor eyesight or a small screen. Windows 10 appears to have dropped that feature and instead has just two size settings: "small" in which the icons are...
  8. Background and task bar changed after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Background and task bar changed after update: I have a laptop and desktop computer and both are running Windows 10. Since a recent update both computers have changed the background on my desktop to black and the task bar is now white. I have manually set it back to my picture as my background and black in the task bar....
  9. task bar

task bar: what is smart taskbar icon for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/b54ae018-08be-4e97-ba15-97d56a3512ce
  10. How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?

How to reorder the open excel files in task bar?: Hi, I use Multiple Excel files when at work. And for making my job easy, at the start of the day, I open those excel files in sequence which refers one file after the other, so that I need not drag the cursor to find the next file required. However, when accidentally if...