Windows 10: Task Host appears one shutting down

Discus and support Task Host appears one shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new (a few months) Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. When I try to shut down, I get a screen stating "Task Host" is operating and asking me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StevenBN, Jul 31, 2019.

1. StevenBN Win User

Task Host appears one shutting down

I have a new (a few months) Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. When I try to shut down, I get a screen stating "Task Host" is operating and asking me to close programs or gives me the option to force shutdown. This is confusing. The Computer works fine. I cannot imagine I need to run some complicated "repair" procedure on a new computer (as noted in a previous thread on this issue). I read something about the "Power" settings but this, too, is not clear.

Is there a Windows Update or some rebooting procedure to stop this? I have no idea what "Task Host" is; any help is appreciated.

Steven

:)

StevenBN, Jul 31, 2019
  2. IrdealDJA Win User

Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Task Host appears one shutting down

Task Host is stopping background tasks : message at shut down

Some programs take time to exit memory; especially if you had a lot of them open.

What I suggest you do is make sure all programs are probably exited, especially web browsers like Edge that you might have had open with lots of tabs.

Learn more:

Fix: Task Host Window Prevents Shut Down in Windows 8/10 ...

https://appuals.com/solved-task-host-window-pre...

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Task Host appears one shutting down

1. Task Host appears one shutting down - Similar Threads - Task Host appears

2. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  3. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  4. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional updates. Did a quick search online, one comment said...
  6. I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional updates. Did a quick search online, one comment said...
  7. Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Shut Down Windows 10 because Task Host is stopping background tasks: I run into this all the time with Windows 10. Usually, I am forced to click "Shut down anyway" - but, I feel that's "bad" to do. I really don't know....
  8. Task Host Preventing Shut Down - Language Components Installer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Host Preventing Shut Down - Language Components Installer: hello. for the past 2-3 days ive been having this problem where i can't shut down my laptop properly because it tells me task host is still running and it shows me the path to a .dll file called language components installer. At first i thought an error happened while...
  9. Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...: Dear Microsoft community, Yesterday 30/01/2020 I encountered the same problem people have suffered from after the 1709 Update. My Task bar is not responding at all and this does not change when restarting the explorer process. Additionally when trying to shut down the...
  10. Task host is stopping Windows shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task host is stopping Windows shutting down: Hi all Got a message like "Task host is stopping Windows shutting down" on a recent shutdown. Anyone tell me what "Task host" is and whether its staying open at shutdown means anything I should investigate? Thanks 102672