Windows 10: Task host is stopping background tasks

Discus and support Task host is stopping background tasks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GN21YM, Jun 2, 2019.

1. GN21YM Win User

Task host is stopping background tasks

What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks?

:)

GN21YM, Jun 2, 2019
  2. BCGronk Win User

Task Host is stopping background tasks.

Task Host is stopping background tasks. It will not let Win 10 do normal updates.

Anybody have any answers?

BCGronk, Jun 2, 2019
  3. chasw98 Win User
    Task Host is stopping background task

Recently, using Windows 10, when I power off I get the Task Host Window.

Message: Task Host is stopping background task (\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceDirectoryClient\RegisterUserDevice)

I have to click Shut Down Anyway.

Don't know if this is a "feature" of the last update, but have seen the shutdown bug posted for older O/S..

What is the fix?

chasw98, Jun 2, 2019
  4. RAS46 Win User

background task host stopped working

reliability history shows background task host stopped working but have no issues with startup or shutdown

RAS46, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Task host is stopping background tasks - Similar Threads - Task host stopping

2. How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11: Each time i try to shut down my PC it keeps saying that Task Host is stopping background tasks and never shuts down. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, even when there is nothing else running and it still doesn't shut down. Each time I need to press "shut down anyway" or else...
  3. How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11: Each time i try to shut down my PC it keeps saying that Task Host is stopping background tasks and never shuts down. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, even when there is nothing else running and it still doesn't shut down. Each time I need to press "shut down anyway" or else...
  4. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  5. Task host is stopping background programs??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task host is stopping background programs??: Hello all, I have Windows 11 and for the past week or so, whenever I try to 'Shut down' the laptop I am getting stopped by the error message in question....I am not really looking for a way to troubleshoot it, just checking to see if this is a critical Windows error that I...
  6. Task host is stopping background programs??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task host is stopping background programs??: Hello all, I have Windows 11 and for the past week or so, whenever I try to 'Shut down' the laptop I am getting stopped by the error message in question....I am not really looking for a way to troubleshoot it, just checking to see if this is a critical Windows error that I...
  7. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks: In addition to these problems: Start Button is not working. Windows Explorer/Search is not working. Setting is not responsive. When I restart or shutdown, I get the message "Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks". Is this creating the problem with the Start...
  8. background task host stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background task host stopped working: reliability history shows background task host stopped working but have no issues with startup or shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-task-host-stopped-working/5fce5723-7910-4cc8-bf63-ba57cf270b2e
  9. task host window is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task host window is stopping background tasks: This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns. We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as: Control panel Administrative Tools Task Scheduler open Left side Select Task schedule...
  10. Task Host Window stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window stopping background tasks: It means that a process is hung up and Windows has killed it. Sounds like your video editor is the problem. I think your right. I contacted my IT service and they told me the graphics card needed updating. I thought that fixed the problem but later today Premiere began to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task host window is stopping background tasks

2. task host