Windows 10: Task Host preventing Sign Out

Discus and support Task Host preventing Sign Out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi.I am posting this question as not sure how to drill down to the application or process preventing Signing Out of Windows.Only recently, when I sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr Cheese, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Mr Cheese Win User

Task Host preventing Sign Out

Hi.I am posting this question as not sure how to drill down to the application or process preventing Signing Out of Windows.Only recently, when I sign out from Windows 10, I get a message stating Task Host Window - Task Host is stopping background tasks, and gets stuck.Seeking comments on how to identify the cause for this and prevent Sign Out from being blocked due to this.Appreciate any suggestions.

:)

Mr Cheese, Sep 14, 2022
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 14, 2022
  3. Task Host Window is Preventing Shutdown

I am using Windows 10 with surface pro 4. When I tried to shut down the computer normally, it says Task Host Window is closing background tasks and is preventing shutdown. I tried waiting it out but it just popped me back to desktop. I tried checking for
    updates and it said I was on the latest updates. I tried running Troubleshoot on Power settings and it didn't work. I also tried sfc/scannow and it said there were some corrupted files that could not be fixed. However when I tried to look at the list of corrupted
    files by using the command

the command prompt said sfcdetails.txt couldn't be found. I tried doing a clean boot but it required restarting the computer and the Task Host Window prevented restart. I didn't want to do a force shut down and I don't know what to do. Can someone help?

KatyLam_xoxo, Sep 14, 2022
  4. Task Host preventing Sign Out

Windows task host preventing shutdown

Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work.

I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional updates.

Did a quick search online, one comment said that it’s due to a Windows Update back in July, KB5015879, the person uninstall that update and it back to normal.

Thing is I couldn’t found it in the list of install updates. Maybe I missed it due to late getting to work, but skimming through it didn’t found it.

So is there any way to fix the problem? I’m out of the house till evening so I can’t test it till then, so any suggestion in the meantime, I would be thankfull.

Thank you

Sanderson96, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Task Host preventing Sign Out

1. Task Host preventing Sign Out - Similar Threads - Task Host preventing

2. I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down.: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional updates. Did a quick search online, one comment said...
  3. Task Host preventing Sign Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Host preventing Sign Out: Hi.I am posting this question as not sure how to drill down to the application or process preventing Signing Out of Windows.Only recently, when I sign out from Windows 10, I get a message stating Task Host Window - Task Host is stopping background tasks, and gets...
  4. Task Host preventing Sign Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Host preventing Sign Out: Hi.I am posting this question as not sure how to drill down to the application or process preventing Signing Out of Windows.Only recently, when I sign out from Windows 10, I get a message stating Task Host Window - Task Host is stopping background tasks, and gets...
  5. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  6. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  7. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Task Host Window preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown: Hi,How do I fix this? This screen keeps popping up at shutdown. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window-preventing-shutdown/b641512c-005a-440f-9ee0-41d88bd1994b
  9. Task Host Window prevents shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Host Window prevents shutdown: Following from this discussion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/task-host-window-prevents-shutdown-the-appupdate/0e372e94-64b9-4aa4-8140-964a4a8f63b9 Context: I sometimes have similar pop-ups to the discussion above that says "Task Host...
  10. Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible: I was having trouble opening applications, so i tried to shutdown and got the message that Task host window was preventing shutdown. After waiting 5 minutes, i forced the shutdown and now i cant see any of my taskbar items, no applications work, and i still get the same error...