Windows 10: Task Host Window prevents shutdown

Discus and support Task Host Window prevents shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following from this discussion:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaCA, Mar 26, 2021.

1. JoshuaCA Win User

Task Host Window prevents shutdown

Following from this discussion:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/task-host-window-prevents-shutdown-the-appupdate/0e372e94-64b9-4aa4-8140-964a4a8f63b9

Context: I sometimes have similar pop-ups to the discussion above that says "Task Host Window prevents shutdown" whenever I shut down my laptop, and I kinda find this a little bit bothersome.

Now, I have followed the steps mentioned in the discussion above up to troubleshooting, but the problem lies at that part. When I ran the troubleshoot, a pop-up appears and says,

An error occurred while troubleshooting:

A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

Package ID: WindowsUpdateDiagnostic
    Path: Unknown

Error code: 0x800706BB
    Source: Engine
    Context: Elevated

Question: What would be the next step?

PS: I don't know if this is somehow related to this matter but, I just recently experienced these:

1. Pages in browsers do not sort of load as fast as they should be. Sometimes, options appear and let you choose to either 'wait' or 'exit the pages.'

2. How the laptop processes actions i.e. opening windows in File Explorer are kinda slow than it should be

Would it also solve these experiences?

:)

JoshuaCA, Mar 26, 2021

2. Task host prevent shutdown every time

Platform Windows 10 Home recently upgraded to version 1709.

Since last few days Task Host prevent shutdown every time and massage is some what like:

Task Host Windows: is stopping background task (Microsoft\Windows\Windows Update\Automatic App update.)

Happens every time shutdown. Can not take screen shot while PC is Shutting down.

JAYESHSHETH, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Task Host Window is Preventing Shutdown

I am using Windows 10 with surface pro 4. When I tried to shut down the computer normally, it says Task Host Window is closing background tasks and is preventing shutdown. I tried waiting it out but it just popped me back to desktop. I tried checking for
    updates and it said I was on the latest updates. I tried running Troubleshoot on Power settings and it didn't work. I also tried sfc/scannow and it said there were some corrupted files that could not be fixed. However when I tried to look at the list of corrupted
    files by using the command

the command prompt said sfcdetails.txt couldn't be found. I tried doing a clean boot but it required restarting the computer and the Task Host Window prevented restart. I didn't want to do a force shut down and I don't know what to do. Can someone help?

KatyLam_xoxo, Mar 26, 2021
  4. jflambert Win User

task host wimdows prevent shutdown. I have to force the shutdown. How to repair it please?

task host wimdows prevent shutdown. I have to force the shutdown. How to repair it please?

jflambert, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Task Host Window prevents shutdown - Similar Threads - Task Host Window

2. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10: I know there are many posts like these already.Yesterday it was pretty late at night, so I had to shut down my laptop, when all of a sudden, taskhostw.exe prevents the PC from shutting down. It didn't even say what task was it ending, it was just saying:Task Host WindowTask...
  3. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10: I know there are many posts like these already.Yesterday it was pretty late at night, so I had to shut down my laptop, when all of a sudden, taskhostw.exe prevents the PC from shutting down. It didn't even say what task was it ending, it was just saying:Task Host WindowTask...
  4. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  6. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows task host preventing shutdown: Hi, I have the Windows Task Host preventing shut down just now before got out of the house to work. I tried the troubleshooting method, didn’t work, edit the registry, didn’t work. Checked update, didn’t see anything needed to be update, didn’t checked the optional...
  7. Windows task host preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Task Host Window preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown: Hi,How do I fix this? This screen keeps popping up at shutdown. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window-preventing-shutdown/b641512c-005a-440f-9ee0-41d88bd1994b
  9. Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible: I was having trouble opening applications, so i tried to shutdown and got the message that Task host window was preventing shutdown. After waiting 5 minutes, i forced the shutdown and now i cant see any of my taskbar items, no applications work, and i still get the same error...
  10. Task Host Windows preventing shutdown and Windows Update does not complete downloads or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Host Windows preventing shutdown and Windows Update does not complete downloads or...: IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates IsPostback: False IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates IsPostback: True Task Host Window (THW) prevents shutdown. I've used update troubleshooter and it says a restart is required. But I'm kept in the same loop with THW. The updates that 2018-12...