Windows 10: Task Host

Discus and support Task Host in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 5-card, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 5-card Win User

Task Host

Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem.

:)

5-card, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2020
  3. IrdealDJA Win User
    Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Task Host

Cortana background task host

Hi,

Cortana background task host is a standard Windows process that may affect a computer's performance. For us to properly assist you in disabling this task, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Aside from attempting to disable the Search bar, have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Task Host

1. Task Host - Similar Threads - Task Host

2. How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11: Each time i try to shut down my PC it keeps saying that Task Host is stopping background tasks and never shuts down. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, even when there is nothing else running and it still doesn't shut down. Each time I need to press "shut down anyway" or else...
  3. How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix Task Host Is Stopping Background Tasks In Windows 11: Each time i try to shut down my PC it keeps saying that Task Host is stopping background tasks and never shuts down. I can leave it on for 10 minutes, even when there is nothing else running and it still doesn't shut down. Each time I need to press "shut down anyway" or else...
  4. "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory: I've updated drivers as recommended but it still keeps happening - I think it has something to do with dual monitors that I'm using with my laptop, and the usb hub they connect in through have been in the office recently and I don't get the issue using their monitors/usb hub...
  5. "User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory

"User Mode Driver framework Host Process" task is taking up all my memory: I've updated drivers as recommended but it still keeps happening - I think it has something to do with dual monitors that I'm using with my laptop, and the usb hub they connect in through have been in the office recently and I don't get the issue using their monitors/usb hub...
  6. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host? what is this running in the background. and how many background tasks should be running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  7. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  8. backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host: backgroundTaskHost.exe Background Task Host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgroundtaskhostexe-background-task-host/fb597f93-5617-4bd4-b43d-b644379bf272
  9. Why isn't the Task host windows allowing me to shut down or restart my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the Task host windows allowing me to shut down or restart my laptop?: I am not been able to shut down or restart my laptop since my last windows update. Whenever I try to shutdown or restart my laptop, it says, "task host windows is preventing shutdown." I tried to fix the issue by turning off the fast startup, but it didn't work. Similarly, I...
  10. Why isn't the Task host windows allowing me to shut down or restart my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why isn't the Task host windows allowing me to shut down or restart my laptop?: I am not been able to shut down or restart my laptop since my last windows update. Whenever I try to shutdown or restart my laptop, it says, "task host windows is preventing shutdown." I tried to fix the issue by turning off the fast startup, but it didn't work. Similarly, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 v1909 task host on shutdown