Windows 10: Task Host

Discus and support Task Host in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 5-card, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:07 PM.

1. 5-card Win User

Task Host

Computer Freezes after 5 minutes of idle. To turn computer on I must first unplug power. I believe this is a Task Host problem.

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM
  3. IrdealDJA Win User
    Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

4. Task Host

Cortana background task host

Hi,

Cortana background task host is a standard Windows process that may affect a computer's performance. For us to properly assist you in disabling this task, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Aside from attempting to disable the Search bar, have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM
Thema:

Task Host

1. Task Host - Similar Threads - Task Host

2. Checking for Updates + task host open when closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Checking for Updates + task host open when closing: Hi, im running Windows 10 Pro. When I go to Update, it doesnt seem to pass the Checking for updates... protocol. Also, and possibly as a result of that, it also says I have two task-hosts' open during shutdown, when in fact I do not and havent made any changes. It's...
  3. Task Host

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Host: Hi! Im in need of advice. Ive got a band new laptop with just a couple months of use. Yesterday I felt it was hotter than normal without the ouse of any intensive program, and tho its summer in my country, it was not THAT hot. Wen I went to turn it off "task host" appeared...
  4. Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible: I was having trouble opening applications, so i tried to shutdown and got the message that Task host window was preventing shutdown. After waiting 5 minutes, i forced the shutdown and now i cant see any of my taskbar items, no applications work, and i still get the same error...
  5. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.: [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking small chunks of my 8gb memory. Individually, they're small, but together they're using about 95% at idle. It's crippling my...
  6. Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager: Why are there so many of these running? What can I do to make them stop other than ending the process? When I try to do that it tells me it will cause Windows to be unstable or shut down. submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments]...
  7. When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When trying to log off or shutdown, a message appears saying that Task Host Window is...: I have tried reviewing previous posts regarding this error message but have not found a solution with which I am able to resolve the problem. Laptop purchased July 2019, preloaded with Windows 10. Have allowed all recommended updates to date, but this error popped up in...
  8. Task Host Window

Task Host Window: Got message that says 'task host window is preveting background tasks' when I try and go back and cancel there are no apps active - how do I shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-window/22d8622b-f819-4e43-8330-71ec382097f1
  9. Task Host appears one shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host appears one shutting down: I have a new (a few months) Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. When I try to shut down, I get a screen stating "Task Host" is operating and asking me to close programs or gives me the option to force shutdown. This is confusing. The Computer works fine. I cannot imagine I need to...
  10. POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS For the 'Host Process for Windows Tasks' - Taskhostw.exe Stopped Working...

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS For the 'Host Process for Windows Tasks' - Taskhostw.exe Stopped Working...: POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR THE 'HOST PROCESS FOR WINDOWS TASKS' CRITICAL EVENT IN RELIABILITY MONITOR The Faulting Application Path is C:\Windows\System32\taskhostw.exe The Application Name is taskhostw.exe The Fault Module Name is unbcl.dll Event ID 1000 .oOo. This has been...