Windows 10: Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10

Discus and support Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, first time using community For more than a month now, the task manager my windows 10 laptop has been displaying 100 disk utilization when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William_Lu_, May 24, 2020.

1. Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10

Hi, first time using community

For more than a month now, the task manager my windows 10 laptop has been displaying 100 disk utilization when I haven't opened any program. And when I check to see what program is causing this, I often see a few programs taking up 0.1 MB/s each, taking up a total of >1 MB/S. The main problems I have when this happens are:

- slow boot up/restart/log in

- applications taking a long time to open

- programs frequently going non responsive or just closes itself out of nowhere, rendering my computer unusable for around 2 min at a time happens at least once/10mins

I have searched online and have tried some solutions on my own:

- disable windows search

- superfetch doesn't exist when I look for it

- going to services and disabling a few non essential services

- going to system config and disabling all services including microsoft services

- stopping any scheduled disk defrags there were none

- seeing if it's a virus my anti virus says none

- running a sfc scan in command prompt and restarting

none of which have yielded any long term results. While my laptop at the moment isn't always at 100% disk usage, it fluctuates inconsistently from 2% if I'm really lucky and occurs rarely and briefly to 100% 1/3 to 1/2 of the time

I just want to see if there are any other solutions out there and maybe something I missed might appear here

Some background info that might/might not be useful:

- I use a 2.5 year old Inspiron 15 - 3567

- this started after spring break and I'm 90% sure I wasn't downloading anything besides schoolwork at that point

- 2/3 weeks after this happened I switched from Malwarbyte to Kaspersky

- my laptop has been having trouble finishing windows updates recently and is often stuck on 94% as an example

- I have a 2TB Easystore external hard drive that I frequently used to transfer files from my laptop around once/2days?

Welp sorry for the long post, just wanted to gives as much detail as possible.

Have a nice day

:)

William_Lu_, May 24, 2020

2. Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10

Hi Charles,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Did you try disabling the Startup programs on the computer?

• Did you scan for the presence of virus/malware content on the computer?

The issue might occur due to the presence of virus/malware content on the computer. Scan the PC for the presence of virus/malware by running the antivirus security software. Run the antivirus security software twice to detect and confirm the presence
    of malware/virus on your PC. Check for the status of the scan to view the presence of virus/malware.

If haven’t tried, refer to the methods suggested in Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization
    on Windows 10
    article and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of 100% disk utilization on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 24, 2020
  3. Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10

Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. even though my disk space is free around 80-85% because of this system work very slow. I did changed ACH controller to 0 from register editor but it still not worked

NaimoddinShaikh, May 24, 2020
  4. Kent Nord Win User

Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10

Windows 10: 100% disk utilization in the Task Manger after Start up.

I have:

1) Formatted my disk and partitioned it as needed for Windows 10

1) Installed Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

2) Disabled Superfetch

3) Disabled Windows Search

4) Disabled BITS

5) Uninstalled Skype and SkypeHost.exe

6) Set MSISupported to "0" in registry

After each step I would reboot my computer and get the same problem 100% Disk in Task Manager

2) Installed Norton Antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and rebooted.

1) The system booted and hit 100% in Task Manager for about 5 minutes.

2) Attempted to open Windows Notepad and the Task Manager went back to 100% Disk.

In all instances the Task Manager Disk Listing would show between 0.3 and 2.5 total usage and still show the Disk at 100% on the top freezing the computer.

Kent Nord, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10

1. Task Manager 100% Disk Utilization Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Task Manager 100%

2. 100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dadmou5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yjzuu8/100_gpu_utilization_in_task_manager_for_no_reason/
  3. Windows 10 - Task Manager Reports 100% Disk Utilization with MSI Mode Enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Task Manager Reports 100% Disk Utilization with MSI Mode Enabled: Summary: This article addresses a Windows 10 issue where Windows Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization on devices with Message Signaled Interrupt MSI mode enabled.Symptoms:NOTE: This article is not intended to address all potential causes and contributing factors that...
  4. Windows 10 - Task Manager Reports 100% Disk Utilization with MSI Mode Enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Task Manager Reports 100% Disk Utilization with MSI Mode Enabled: Summary: This article addresses a Windows 10 issue where Windows Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization on devices with Message Signaled Interrupt MSI mode enabled.Symptoms:NOTE: This article is not intended to address all potential causes and contributing factors that...
  5. Windows 10 - Task Manager Reports 100% Disk Utilization with MSI Mode Enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Disk utilization 100% in Task manager

Disk utilization 100% in Task manager: My laptop shows 100% disk utilization in the task manager for the first 20-30 mins after I start my machine. During this time when it is 100%, system performance is very slow. After 30 mins, disk utilization drops again under 20% and everything is normal. I tried reaching...
  7. Windows 10 Disk 100% on Task manager

Windows 10 Disk 100% on Task manager: I was working fine on my computer cause it is basically new, however I opened a python file and nothing got open but my laptop fan started to accelerate, then I saw on task manager that my disk is at 100% total utilization across all physical devices. I restarted but nothing...
  8. Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10

Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10: Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. even though my disk space is free around 80-85% because of this system work very slow. I did changed ACH controller to 0 from register editor but it still not worked...
  9. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  10. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Em...