Windows 10: Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong

Discus and support Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The total CPU use (%) often doesn't match the details for the individual programs. In the attached screenshot you can see the total CPU is 67% but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReadyOrNot, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong

The total CPU use (%) often doesn't match the details for the individual programs. In the attached screenshot you can see the total CPU is 67% but the individual app usage totals significantly lower than that (approx. 9%). I'm not sure whether there are "hidden" processes that are taking up CPU cycles, there's a bug in Task Manager, or the total CPU % simply doesn't function they way I'm expecting. Anyone have any ideas?

Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong 9772859b-7cd5-4205-ab51-7473bb596b7b?upload=true.png

:)

ReadyOrNot, Oct 4, 2018

2. CPU usage in task manager wrong.

I bought a new laptop, and after updating it to the newest windows version my CPU is stuck at 100% in the task manager, and I had my doubts about it since it not getting hot and should not do something. I checked with multiple software, I have shown 2 in
    the screenshot below. they record the CPU usage on a usage I more suspect, and all I tried are close to each other and do not look like the usage as in the task manager. So I suspect the task manager is broken.

My question would be how I could fix this and what could be the problem.

Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong 0659428f-f624-416c-a4cc-bca947c676fe?upload=true.png

JelleWie¿, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Wrong CPU Type Reported in Task Manager

Today I upgraded my CPU, replacing my previous i5 processor with an i7.

Unfortunately, Task Manager still shows the old CPU type when I launch it and click the "Performance" tab. Third-party apps such as CPU-Z show the correct i7 processor, but Task Manager doesn't. Ditto if I pull up system information in Control Panel; it
    shows the old CPU as well. Device Manager does, too.

Any ideas?

ParrotHeadFL, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong

1. Task manager aggregate CPU using looks wrong - Similar Threads - Task manager aggregate

2. Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong: Why does the CPU column value not reflect the true CPU utilization? When my CPU gets pinned at close to 100% for minutes at a time physically hearing fans go fast, and the PSU reporting HIGH wattage draw, trying to figure out the true CPU utilization of the offending...
  3. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Using 49% of CPU: With only Windows Explorer running Task Manager is using 49% of the CPU and no I/O:Windows Explorer is at 13% with no I/O.What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-using-49-of-cpu/b930a939-40b2-4587-aded-39eceec2e83d
  4. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Using 49% of CPU: With only Windows Explorer running Task Manager is using 49% of the CPU and no I/O:Windows Explorer is at 13% with no I/O.What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-using-49-of-cpu/b930a939-40b2-4587-aded-39eceec2e83d
  5. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  7. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  8. Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager: Hi All, Hope you guys are doing good. there is a strange problem with my windows 10, that i can not see correct core information and i assume therefore my Windows is running slow. My Device manager shows total 16 cores in CPU section, however in Task manager i only see 4...
  9. wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

wrong CPU cores in Task Manager: i upgraded my CPU from i7-7820x 8core/16Threads to i9 14cores/28threads, the Bios shows all 14cores, Device manager shows all 28threads, in the task manager the model of the processor is correct, but still shows 8cores/16threads, i have reboothed the cpu twice, still shows...
  10. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages: Hi. My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation. Also noticed that Resource Manager displays the same values. here are a few things i have tried. - Sfc /scannow - Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - Updated...