Windows 10: Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

Discus and support Task Manager and File Explorer won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sadun AL-shammari, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

The OS is WIndows 10.

Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open.

I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually open.

also I tried to open using Command Line and not open.

:)

Sadun AL-shammari, Nov 11, 2018

2. File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 11, 2018
  3. RicVittum Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

Blank window in File Explorer and Task Manager after installing Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi Lily,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access File Explorer and Task Manager?

[*]Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer and Task Manager for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

1. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open - Similar Threads - Task Manager File

2. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  3. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  4. PC won't start up after closing File Explore in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC won't start up after closing File Explore in Task Manager: After Ending task File Explorer in Task Manager. Screen blacked out so I restarted my PC. Now it keeps blue screening when I start up. Even launching safe mode blue screens my PC....
  5. PC won't start up after closing File Explore in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't start up after closing File Explore in Task Manager: After Ending task File Explorer in Task Manager. Screen blacked out so I restarted my PC. Now it keeps blue screening when I start up. Even launching safe mode blue screens my PC....
  6. Files Explorer won't open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  7. Explorer not responding, Task Manager not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer not responding, Task Manager not opening: Hi all, I hope someone here can help me because I'm at my wit's end. I have a Surface Pro 4, running windows 10 that I hadn't turned on in about 4-6 weeks. Yesterday I tried it and to my despair could not log in - the log in screens were super slow and when they came back...
  8. Manage won't open in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Manage won't open in File Explorer: Since windows update, Manage won't open at the top of the page in File Explorer. What have they done? This is an useful application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-wont-open-in-file-explorer/f7d2c844-3ab1-4faa-92d6-399a61b75aa8"
  9. Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager: When I go to open file explorer, nothing happens. When I go to open control panel, the window appears but no icons show up. When I go to open Task Manager, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'. I looked up how to resolve this issue, and it says to do a sfc...
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager and file explorer wont open

2. open file explorer task manager