Windows 10: Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

Discus and support Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have I7 8700 and it's showing 1 core to task manager and msconfig but in device manager its normal.any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RičardsJanulis, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

I have I7 8700 and it's showing 1 core to task manager and msconfig but in device manager its normal.any help?

:)

RičardsJanulis, Aug 16, 2021

2. I have 4 cores but task manager just show 1 core

Press Windows key + R

type msconfig

Hit Enter

Select the boot tab

Select advanced options

Uncheck Number processors

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Restart when prompted

Check if the right number of cores now show up in Task Manager.

Andre for Directly, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

Hi Jim, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

Try these steps, which may make Task Manager show the correct amount of cores:

- Click Start and search for msconfig.

- Select System Configuration.

- In the Boot tab, click on Advanced Options.

- You should see an option to set the number of cores. Change this to the correct amount, click OK then reboot.

Hopefully Task Manager should show the correct number now. Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

I have 4 cores but task manager just show 1 core

how to enable all core , the task manager show only 1 core, but actually i have 4 core
    Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core 8df3033c-696c-4e78-9fb5-ac22af197c70?upload=true.png

Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core 50811db7-43ad-46e9-8c53-0fd0c121e23b?upload=true.png

LeeTeck Xian, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

1. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core - Similar Threads - Task manager MSconfig

2. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...: Under the processor's tab in Device Manager 8 cores show up showing what I have, then when I open up task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in the MSConfig. I had it at 8 before now I can’t go higher than 1....
  3. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...: Under the processor's tab in Device Manager 8 cores show up showing what I have, then when I open up task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in the MSConfig. I had it at 8 before now I can’t go higher than 1....
  4. In task manager only one core and 1 logical processor shows up and I cannot change it in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  6. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  7. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor

Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have recently installed an I5-9400F processor which is supposed to have 6 cores, yet I see only 2 in the performance tab in task manager. I tried with msconfig, and I also tried reinstalling chipset drivers, but I didn't...
  9. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66
  10. Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager only shows half of cores and threads: In my PC, i have an i7 2600k, a 4 core 8 thread processor. I have all cores and hyper threading enabled, but task manager says I have 2 cores and 4 logic's processors, or 4 threads. I have already tried changing msconfig boot settings. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....