Windows 10: Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2

Discus and support Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My ram is 2 gb ddr2 and taskmanager and other apps says its unknown and not ddr2 is there any fix on my other pc using my ram it says its DDR2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BangBang9, Mar 10, 2021.

1. BangBang9 Win User

Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2

My ram is 2 gb ddr2 and taskmanager and other apps says its unknown and not ddr2

is there any fix

on my other pc using my ram it says its DDR2

:)

BangBang9, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Jaden02 Win User

Task manager reports ram is ddr2, but i am using ddr3 ram.

I am having an issue with task manager. The info provided by is accurate, but for one thing. Task manager reports my ram is ddr2, but i am using ddr3. My operating system is windows 10 pro 64-bit. The ram is configured 4x1 PC3-8500. How can i correct
    this. Another desktop is using ddr3 ram, and task manager is reporting it correctly. My CPU is a C2D E8400 if that helps.

Jaden02, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Task manager reports ram is ddr2, but i am using ddr3 ram.

Hello Jaden,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced with incorrect information for Ram on Task manager. We will certainly help you.

We suggest you to check the Ram from the BIOS setup and check if its showing up correctly. Further we suggest you to update the BIOS from the manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue. You can enter the BIOS by booting up to your system and
    then press

F2 key or any other key mentioned on the Start of the system
    • Turn the computer on.
    • If you see an invitation to press the F2 or other key to enter Setup, do so.
    • The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2

Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2

1. Task manager and other apps says my ram type is unknown and not ddr2 - Similar Threads - Task manager apps

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  4. My task manager and other app change into black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager and other app change into black: My task manager and other app change into black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-manager-and-other-app-change-into-black/8498bb91-6944-417f-8b6a-8f55c8b0e585
  5. My task manager and other app change into black

My task manager and other app change into black: My task manager and other app change into black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-manager-and-other-app-change-into-black/8498bb91-6944-417f-8b6a-8f55c8b0e585
  6. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  7. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  8. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

9. Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning: I have fairly frequently run Task Manager and Power shell, probably daily. Today, trying to run both Powershell and Task Manager and also when I looked at creating a restore point I get a dialog box which says that Powershell.exe Taskmgr.exe have an "Unknown Publisher" and I...
  10. Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Flooded With Unknown Apps: I'm not sure if this is a virus of some sort, but it's really worrying me. The Downsize and Excavations tasks are obviously unnatural, and every time I found their original file location and deleted them, a new one would pop up. Now I cant find the file location at all...