Windows 10: Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Discus and support Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TMW-WI, Aug 28, 2019.

1. TMW-WI Win User

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then before it is done it closes and the solitaire game does not come up. I'm having problems with edge not working with Facebook and taking time or freezing. Most seems to have happened since the latest Windows 10 update.

:)

TMW-WI, Aug 28, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 28, 2019
  3. 3D Builder app won`t stay opened

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I'll surely help you with the issue that you face.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this?

You may first of all run the Windows store apps troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows store apps' and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also update the app through the Windows store if there is an update available, which fixes minor crashes and bugs.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

1. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems - Similar Threads - Task Manager apps

2. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?: I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on...
  3. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.: I clicked Microsoft store in the taskbar, and the icon just disappeared. I checked the start menu, and a plain blue icon that says Microsoft Store was there, with a white bar under it. It looks like it is supposed to download, but it doesn't. Other Microsoft apps are also...
  4. Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help; can't open Task manager or other integral programss: Hi, I recently got my Asus Zenbook for Xmas . There's so much not working right now I don't know how to categorize my issue. I wish I could just reset back to Day 1, as it didn't come this way. AT least I don't think. I cannot open task manager or any system settings. The...
  5. Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager: I always seem to have between 6 and 8 instances of Edge running on my system. If I try and close down any of them, they start back up again. But as soon as I close the, they don't seem to affect Edge at all? Some instances of it are using around 300meg of ram, while...
  6. Task Manager and File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager and File Explorer won't open: The OS is WIndows 10. Getting some issues trying to open the File Explorer. Other applications will open normally, but File Explorer won't open. I attempted to open Task Manager, first via ctrl+alt+del, then via Run. Neither method would allow the Task Manager to actually...
  7. Task Manager columns will NOT stay hidden.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager columns will NOT stay hidden.: Simple question, every time I open task manager, it shows the following columns. Status, CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, GPU, GPU Engine, Power Usage, Power Usage Trend. I right click on the colum headings, and remove the 'tick' from all of the columns, except for 'CPU, Disk,...
  8. 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues: Install it 2 days ago and I encountered many problems. 1) The task bar is fully unstable, no search bar (an arrow instead), time and date is not showing the time correctly (it was set default to pacific time and I set it manually: -5 Canada), the keyboard icon is not...
  9. Start button and other icons in task bar will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and other icons in task bar will not open: I downloaded Windows 10 several hours ago. Nothing in the lower task bar will open. When I left click on the start button, nothing happen. When I right click, I get a menu but nothing will open. When I click in the "Search" area, no cursor appears. I don't know how to get to...
  10. Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar: Hello, I have just upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 build 10240 The sart menu button does not activate anything, search doesn't either, Notification bubble does not open anything either. Safe mode produces same behaviour, I have uninstalled AVG Anti virus as...