Windows 10: Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Discus and support Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TMW-WI, Aug 28, 2019.

1. TMW-WI Win User

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

When I open task manager it opens and closes immediately. Similarly when I open Microsoft solitaire I can click on a challenge the ad opens and then before it is done it closes and the solitaire game does not come up. I'm having problems with edge not working with Facebook and taking time or freezing. Most seems to have happened since the latest Windows 10 update.

:)

TMW-WI, Aug 28, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 28, 2019
  3. 3D Builder app won`t stay opened

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I'll surely help you with the issue that you face.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this?

You may first of all run the Windows store apps troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows store apps' and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also update the app through the Windows store if there is an update available, which fixes minor crashes and bugs.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems

1. Task Manager and other apps won't stay open and other problems - Similar Threads - Task Manager apps

2. Microsoft Store and other apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and other apps won't open: Hi! I am unable to open the Windows Store app, Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar, or the Feedback Hub. Whenever I attempt to open these apps, they open momentarily and then close.I've attempted to do the wsreset.exe and when I do, I receive the error message...
  3. Microsoft Store and other apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and other apps won't open: Hi! I am unable to open the Windows Store app, Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar, or the Feedback Hub. Whenever I attempt to open these apps, they open momentarily and then close.I've attempted to do the wsreset.exe and when I do, I receive the error message...
  4. My task manager and other app change into black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager and other app change into black: My task manager and other app change into black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-manager-and-other-app-change-into-black/8498bb91-6944-417f-8b6a-8f55c8b0e585
  5. My task manager and other app change into black

My task manager and other app change into black: My task manager and other app change into black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-manager-and-other-app-change-into-black/8498bb91-6944-417f-8b6a-8f55c8b0e585
  6. No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.: I've been trying to fix this but I wasn't successful, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-can-open-task-manager-and-use-it-to/6530382f-5028-48f0-8ba8-fc50a8084648
  7. No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.

No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.: I've been trying to fix this but I wasn't successful, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-can-open-task-manager-and-use-it-to/6530382f-5028-48f0-8ba8-fc50a8084648
  8. No desktop, can open task manager and use it to open other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. microsoft store and other microsoft apps won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microsoft store and other microsoft apps won't open: my girlfriend's pc stopped opening microsoft apps. all of them close themselves immediately after opening. we tried everything, all of the popular or not so popular tutorials from google/youtube. this issue occurred suddenly, without any errors or crashes before that. seen a...
  10. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other Microsoft apps won't open.: I clicked Microsoft store in the taskbar, and the icon just disappeared. I checked the start menu, and a plain blue icon that says Microsoft Store was there, with a white bar under it. It looks like it is supposed to download, but it doesn't. Other Microsoft apps are also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows app suspended