Windows 10: Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

Discus and support Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm on 10 Home x64 (20H2). I noticed in the task manager that performance logs and alerts are running. Is that normal or do I have something to worry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Purpleroses, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

I'm on 10 Home x64 (20H2). I noticed in the task manager that performance logs and alerts are running. Is that normal or do I have something to worry about? It is set to manual but when my computer starts it triggers it. I will show a picture of it. I do get a kernel-event tracing warning for DefenderApiLogger could that be triggering performance logs and alerts

Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts [​IMG]

:)

Purpleroses, Jan 16, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

svchost.exe causing "high disk usage" and performance alerts constantly!

Hi,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the Task Manager window under the
      Details tab?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot and then isolate what third party program is causing the issue. We advise that you uninstall or disable them. The steps on how to perform a clean boot are provided in this
    link.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

1. Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts - Similar Threads - Task Manager Performance

2. Task manager : performance > WI FI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager : performance > WI FI: Hi. I entered in task manager>performance and there I had Wi Fi ..I don't know what I did but I deleted from there (doesent appear no more) so how I can put it back..?...
  3. Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs: I would like to set my Task Manager's Performance tab to show the graphs for each of the logical processors, but when I set it to show Logical Processors, it only shows them as empty boxes with percentages in text on each one, and they flash between white, light blue and...
  4. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...
  5. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  6. Device Manager alert

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager alert: I installed Win10 Pro x64 from scratch on my desktop computer and that is the only OS I have on that computer. The Device Manager shows an alert - please check the attachment. I have Nvidia Geforce 9400 and have updated the drivers. How can I get rid of that alert ? 23879
  7. GPU Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Performance in Task Manager: After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop. That option is not showing up and I can find no way to enable it. Anyone have any idea? JohnD 95970
  8. Disk performance show 0% all the time in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk performance show 0% all the time in Task Manager: Hi everyone I'm facing a problem with the task manager. Suddenly both of my HDs stopped showing any activity in the task manager and are constantly show 0% although there is activity and despite the fact that in the resource monitor activity is shown properly. Any ideas...
  9. Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds: Hi all -- the title says it all :-) Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins ! Thx for your suggestions ! @+++ [img] 29693
  10. Scheduled Tasks - Task Manager at logon but how get Performance tab?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Tasks - Task Manager at logon but how get Performance tab?: - I already have a Scheduled Task that starts Task Manager at every logon. But it always starts in the "Processes" tab. How can I make it start in the "Performance" tab? See screenshot: [img] Thanks. 73295