Windows 10: Task manager and RAM speeds

Discus and support Task manager and RAM speeds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob70932, Mar 13, 2016.

1. bob70932 Win User

Task manager and RAM speeds

Hello,

I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at 1866 and also in CPU Z. XMP is enabled.

Any ideas? Is this a win 10 bug etc

Thanks in advance

:)

bob70932, Mar 13, 2016

2. Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I have corsair Vengeance pro 16 GB ram 1866 mhz installed, Bios cpu z show it at this speed but task manager shows ram speed at 1400 mhz. Is this a cosmetic error for win 10? How do I fix it?

Original title: Task manager and RAm speed

RobertWillmott, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Task manager shows incorrect RAM speeds...

Hi Alexthe,

It is not a bug. It depends on many factors.

Are you able to play games without any issues?

The Frequency is measured in MHz and higher numbers potentially indicate faster access to the information stored in memory. This is a key factor if your graphics card shares your RAM.
    Latency describes the delay between a request and execution of the task, meaning lower numbers are better.

Together, Frequency and Latency affect the speed of your RAM.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Task manager and RAM speeds

1. Task manager and RAM speeds - Similar Threads - Task manager RAM

2. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: I wanted to know my ram specs to get another ram stick . So, I used task manager to know my ram specs which shows my ram speed to be 2667 mhz. on the contrary, command prompt shows it to be 3200 Mhz . i also tried using BIOS which shows it 2667 MHZ . what should i believe?...
  3. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: Hey,I recently upgraded my RAM to 32GB. The speed should be on 3200 MHz but somehow, my task manager is showing only 1600 MHz meanwhile cmd shows 3200...What is the right number? Also my mother-board is B450M PRO-M2 V2 MS-7B84....
  4. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?: Hey,I recently upgraded my RAM to 32GB. The speed should be on 3200 MHz but somehow, my task manager is showing only 1600 MHz meanwhile cmd shows 3200...What is the right number? Also my mother-board is B450M PRO-M2 V2 MS-7B84....
  5. RAM speed is different in CMD and Task manager, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  7. Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd

Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd: I have to upgrade my RAM so I was fetching details of the RAM chip installed on my PC and found that task manager shows speed as 2400 mhz whereas the command "wmic memorychip get speed" command shows 2666mhz. Which gives the correct information?...
  8. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  9. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  10. Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager: Hello. So it looks like in Windows task manager my RAM speed is set at 2800 MHz in slot 1, 3, 5 and 7, but my RAM are using XMProfile 1 at 2666 MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z also tells me that my RAM is in quad channel configuration at 1333 MHz (2666 Mhz divided 2). What's the...