Windows 10: Task manager and RAM speeds

Discus and support Task manager and RAM speeds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob70932, Mar 13, 2016.

1. bob70932 Win User

Task manager and RAM speeds

Hello,

I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at 1866 and also in CPU Z. XMP is enabled.

Any ideas? Is this a win 10 bug etc

Thanks in advance

:)

bob70932, Mar 13, 2016

2. Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I have corsair Vengeance pro 16 GB ram 1866 mhz installed, Bios cpu z show it at this speed but task manager shows ram speed at 1400 mhz. Is this a cosmetic error for win 10? How do I fix it?

Original title: Task manager and RAm speed

RobertWillmott, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Task manager shows incorrect RAM speeds...

Hi Alexthe,

It is not a bug. It depends on many factors.

Are you able to play games without any issues?

The Frequency is measured in MHz and higher numbers potentially indicate faster access to the information stored in memory. This is a key factor if your graphics card shares your RAM.
    Latency describes the delay between a request and execution of the task, meaning lower numbers are better.

Together, Frequency and Latency affect the speed of your RAM.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Task manager and RAM speeds

1. Task manager and RAM speeds - Similar Threads - Task manager RAM

2. task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task Manager: Im in my task manager and I have like 6 Google chrome and Don't understand why all of those would be running using memory. can I end them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/632abd16-12a2-494d-883c-f154c772ccae
  3. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  4. Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?: My understanding is that bps is bits per second, and Bps is bytes per sec. bps should be 8 times Bps. I'm measuring wifi speed and something looks off. I think they have the units wrong. I think they are reporting in Bps and labeling the graph in bps. So whats a pretty good...
  5. Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Wifi speed units bps <-> Bps?: My understanding is that bps is bits per second, and Bps is bytes per sec. bps should be 8 times Bps. I'm measuring wifi speed and something looks off. I think they have the units wrong. I think they are reporting in Bps and labeling the graph in bps. So whats a pretty good...
  6. TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER: When I open Task Manager I get the following: APPS (1) BACKGROUND PROCESSES (75) WINDOWS PROCESS (98) I have no idea what all these processes are nor how they got there. I had Windows 10 on my previous computer, never saw such larger number of processes running. I'm...
  7. Weird Task Manager ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Task Manager ethernet speed: Hi there guys.. I noticed something new to me, never saw it before even if I always keep Task Manager open in background to monitor stats.. I have a 7 MB ADSL and usually on Task Manager I see something like that [img] as you can see the max speed is 7.7 Mbps and...
  8. RAM GB or Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM GB or Speed: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit RAM Which is better 16 GB At 3000 MHz Or 32 GB at 2133 MHz? 100968
  9. Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager: Hello. So it looks like in Windows task manager my RAM speed is set at 2800 MHz in slot 1, 3, 5 and 7, but my RAM are using XMProfile 1 at 2666 MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z also tells me that my RAM is in quad channel configuration at 1333 MHz (2666 Mhz divided 2). What's the...
  10. task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager cpu speed: Just this past month my cpu speed is down to around 1.5GHz but it used to be around 2.5GHz. My computer is also slower. Does anyone know why this is and how to solve this issue? 62782