Windows 10: task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values

Discus and support task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/10cho [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/10cho, Sep 30, 2020.

1. /u/10cho Win User

task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values

/u/10cho, Sep 30, 2020

2. Task manager and resource monitor show wrong memory usage

Greetings. I have 10 gb of RAM, so task manager telling me that I'm using 4.6 gb of ram total. But, you won't get even 2 gb if you sum all values below:

imgur.com

The same in resource monitor. I read that the "commit" represent memory that showed in regular task manager, but even if you get wrong column with biggest numbers they won't give you the total result that is showed by the system.

imgur.com

I've also tried to use "RamMap", but it doesn't work for me...

imgur.com

imTheSupremeOne, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Not Showing network values in task manager.

Hi Jay,

If your network adapter is rated as having a very fast maximal bandwidth such a 1 Gbps, Windows might ignore 1 Mbps as being too small a percentage to show. We suggest that you use the Resource Monitor or a Task Manager replacement.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 30, 2020
  4. task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values

Not Showing network values in task manager.

Ohk Thank you , if you have better suggestions give me.

JayPanchal5571, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values

1. task manager and resource monitor shows wrong RAM values - Similar Threads - task manager resource

2. HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor: Pretty much what the title says, my HDD does not show up in resource monitor and always shows 0 activity in the task manager. Not a huge deal as the HDD works perfectly fine, as far as I can tell. Can't seem to find anything like this on google. Any help is appreciated....
  3. HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD shows 0% in Task Manager, does not show up in Resource Monitor: Pretty much what the title says, my HDD does not show up in resource monitor and always shows 0 activity in the task manager. Not a huge deal as the HDD works perfectly fine, as far as I can tell. Can't seem to find anything like this on google. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Windows Task Manager Memory resource values in percents and values do not match

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Manager Memory resource values in percents and values do not match: I have 8GB RAM in my Windows 11 PC. The screenshot below shows that chrome is using about 800MB of RAM which is around 10% of the total RAM installed 800MB is around 10% of 8GB. But after I right click in the Task Manager window and change the Resource values of Memory from...
  5. Windows Task Manager Memory resource values in percents and values do not match

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Manager Memory resource values in percents and values do not match: I have 8GB RAM in my Windows 11 PC. The screenshot below shows that chrome is using about 800MB of RAM which is around 10% of the total RAM installed 800MB is around 10% of 8GB. But after I right click in the Task Manager window and change the Resource values of Memory from...
  6. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  7. 2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor

2nd CPU not showing on Task Manager / Resource Monitor: Hello.I'm new to this site and I hope I can get some help. I was running CyberLink PowerDirector 16 64-bit and noticed to much lag on a 4K video during playback.I checked the Task Manager TM and I noticed that the CPU was running +95%. When looking at the detail I noticed...
  8. Task manager values don't match Resource Monitor values

Task manager values don't match Resource Monitor values: I have an 8-core 8-logical processor implementation. I start a program and use task manager to set affinity to CP 7, then put the process into a loop. Task Manager says it is using 19.9-22.0 per cent, Resource Monitor correctly shows CP 7 100 per cent busy and the process...
  9. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  10. Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager: Hello. So it looks like in Windows task manager my RAM speed is set at 2800 MHz in slot 1, 3, 5 and 7, but my RAM are using XMProfile 1 at 2666 MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z also tells me that my RAM is in quad channel configuration at 1333 MHz (2666 Mhz divided 2). What's the...