Windows 10: Task Manager at 100%

Discus and support Task Manager at 100% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimlau, Oct 18, 2018.

1. jimlau Win User

Task Manager at 100%

I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating.

Any idea why? Not sure if related, but I had a Killer Network app show up on there, but it is now gone.

I did re-boot and same thing.

Thanks.

CPU - i7 6700K
    Board - Z170A M3 Gaming
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
    OS - Windows 10 Pro
    GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1050

:)

jimlau, Oct 18, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

task manager showing 100% usage

Hi AKHILKUMARV.G,

Start your laptop and let it settle down for a couple of minutes

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Leave that open to monitor your PC

Click on the column header that is at 100% so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes listed at that time

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Kent Nord Win User
    Task Manager has Disk at 100% when only 0 - 3 mg are shown as used

I have:

1) Formatted my disk and partitioned it as needed for Windows 10

1) Installed Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

2) Disabled Superfetch

3) Disabled Windows Search

4) Disabled BITS

5) Uninstalled Skype and SkypeHost.exe

6) Set MSISupported to "0" in registry

After each step I would reboot my computer and get the same problem 100% Disk in Task Manager

2) Installed Norton Antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and rebooted.

1) The system booted and hit 100% in Task Manager for about 5 minutes.

2) Attempted to open Windows Notepad and the Task Manager went back to 100% Disk.

In all instances the Task Manager Disk Listing would show between 0.3 and 2.5 total usage and still show the Disk at 100% on the top freezing the computer.

Kent Nord, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Kent Nord Win User

Task Manager at 100%

Task Manager has Disk at 100% when only 0 - 3 mg are shown as used

I have done both of these each time I have reinstalled Windows 10

1) Formatted my disk and partitioned it as needed for Windows 10

1) Installed Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

2) Disabled Superfetch

3) Disabled Windows Search

4) Disabled BITS

5) Uninstalled Skype and SkypeHost.exe

6) Set MSISupported to "0" in registry

After each step I would reboot my computer and get the same problem 100% Disk in Task Manager

2) Installed Norton Antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and rebooted.

1) The system booted and hit 100% in Task Manager for about 5 minutes.

2) Attempted to open Windows Notepad and the Task Manager went back to 100% Disk.

In all instances the Task Manager Disk Listing would show between 0.3 and 2.5 total usage and still show the Disk at 100% on the top freezing the computer.

Kent Nord, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager at 100%

1. Task Manager at 100% - Similar Threads - Task Manager 100%

2. Drive at 100% on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive at 100% on task manager: My computer recently hasn’t been stuck at 100% drive. When not running any programs the percentage goes back down to a reasonable number but as soon as you run even a single browser tab it skyrockets.I really don’t know what to do.I’ve tried every fix imaginable, everything...
  3. Drive at 100% on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive at 100% on task manager: My computer recently hasn’t been stuck at 100% drive. When not running any programs the percentage goes back down to a reasonable number but as soon as you run even a single browser tab it skyrockets.I really don’t know what to do.I’ve tried every fix imaginable, everything...
  4. Drive at 100% on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU constantly at 100% in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100% in task manager: Hi, on the users tab of the task manager the CPU section always displays 100% CPU usage, but when viewed with Core Temp the usage percentage is at it's correct % which is 0-1%. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks. [img] and core temps readings [img] windows version...
  6. Task manager 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager 100%: I have a problem where task manager states i am using 100% of my cpu when i am not, no matter what i shut down task manager replaces it with something else to put my usage back to 100% the laptop is fast getting unusable....
  7. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Disk 100% in task manager

Disk 100% in task manager: Hello Problem: my computer is lagging today and when I go to task manager it says Disk 100%. yet there is not much running. Equipment: Toshiba laptop, Windows 10, Mcafee security, Windows updates are up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Em...
  9. Task Manager at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager at 100%: I'm getting the task manager saying my CPU is at 100%. But when I check the 4 cores usage with MSI manager, they are at 5% or so. Seems tasks that should take little CPU are using much more than normal, according to Task Manager. There is no overheating. Any idea why? Not...
  10. CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error: Hey guys Screenshot: Imgur Seems to be happening since I installed Windows 10 on my machine. I am 100% sure it is in error as speedfan reports my CPU usage at 1/2% and I am seeing no problems when playing games such as CSGO and h1z1. My motherboard does not have...