Windows 10: Task Manager: Can't expand user processes

Discus and support Task Manager: Can't expand user processes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my new system + 1909 update et al. A few days after I'm finished customizing my system and apps, task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IgoSplashman, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Task Manager: Can't expand user processes

I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my new system + 1909 update et al.

A few days after I'm finished customizing my system and apps, task manager won't let me expand the user process panels anymore. I can move the arrows right and down, but the details are kept hidden.

To test the issue, I have created a fresh new account "test", where the issue doesn't seem to happen, but on my main account "Splashman" it only shows me this:

Task Manager: Can't expand user processes c5b24df8-0503-407a-b434-7a4e9c208484?upload=true.png

Every other tab in Task Manager works as it should, it's only the User tab where this issue occurs.

Help would be appreciated.

:)

IgoSplashman, Mar 31, 2020
  2. hem981 Win User

Process from all users in task manager

Hi,
    Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I checked in task manager, it showed just one user, to be using 519MB RAM , but usage is 80%.

Task Manager: Can't expand user processes [​IMG]

519 MB is not 80% of 2gb, so I need to know what is taking up the memory. But the new task manager shows no way to see the list as in windows 7(Show proc. from all users). Now, the processes tab too is just like that.

Task Manager: Can't expand user processes [​IMG]

I love all the new 'cool' features in the new task manager but really miss that one checkbox. Is there a way to view all processes from all users in one single window? If not, can anyone say how to get back the old windows 7 task manager in windows 10?
    Any help would be appreciated.

hem981, Mar 31, 2020
  3. How to see process from all users in windows 10 system in task manager?

Hi Amareswar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to view the process of all users under Task Manager of Windows 10. I will certainly

help you.

I suggest you to select Users on the top menu of Task Manager and check for the processes from all users.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Task Manager: Can't expand user processes

Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager: Can't expand user processes

1. Task Manager: Can't expand user processes - Similar Threads - Task Manager Can't

2. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  3. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  4. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  5. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  6. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. task manager processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  8. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  9. Processes / Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...
  10. Process from all users in task manager

Process from all users in task manager: Hi, Is there an option to view processes from all users in the windows 10 task manager(an option which I use most of the times when I was in 7)? As you can see in the screenshot below, this one is a PC with 2 GB RAM, but 85% of it is already in use, making it laggy. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TASK MANAGER WONT ALLOW ME TO EXPAND USER