Windows 10: Task manager crash on more detail

Discus and support Task manager crash on more detail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CiroNA, Nov 10, 2019.

1. CiroNA Win User

Task manager crash on more detail

Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that?

I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Needs other details?

Thank you.

:)

CiroNA, Nov 10, 2019
  2. liam415 Win User

Task manager crash

Task manager is still crashing when applied the above steps and explorer crashes as it takes a while to close and its stuck on a white window and i cant open start till it goes.

"reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

liam415, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager Crashing

For further resolution to your task manager crashing issue, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. It will help you determine if there is a third-party program/app that is causing the issue. It could be some other applications or programs. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Nov 10, 2019
  4. liam415 Win User

Task manager crash

I like using task manager to monitor my cpu usage in graphs but it shouldn't be crashing and need to fix it?

And i'll have a look

Edit what's this using a load of cpu? System idle?

Task manager crash on more detail [​IMG]

liam415, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Task manager crash on more detail - Similar Threads - Task manager crash

2. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  3. Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes after right clicking in details tab: Hi, I'm terming this the same as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-keeps-crashing-after-right-clicking/41d541e5-4e6c-4007-9787-8ef8e6beb971because I'm having the same issue, however I noticed in his screenshot it listed the faulting...
  4. Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab: I have windows 11. I was able to set priority in task manager when I was using windows 10, but the option of priority is no longer there in windows 11. I cant see it when I right click in the process tab. But when I go to the details tab and right click, it crashes every...
  5. Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab

Task Manager keeps crashing after right clicking in details tab: I have windows 11. I was able to set priority in task manager when I was using windows 10, but the option of priority is no longer there in windows 11. I cant see it when I right click in the process tab. But when I go to the details tab and right click, it crashes every...
  6. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  7. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  8. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...
  9. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  10. Open Task Manager directly to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Task Manager directly to Details: Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599