Windows 10: Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

Discus and support Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chao Evans Bass, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts like this in the last version. I tried again for tens of times, and it acts over and over again. I'd like to ask about how to set a process to run in single-affinity mode without using task manager, or how to solve the task manager problem.

:)

Chao Evans Bass, Nov 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need.

blahblahblah909, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

Scroll issues in Task Manager, Windows 10

steps to reproduce the problem

1. open task manager
    2. click on more details if its not
    3. go to performance tab
    4. decrease its height till it has two scrolls for the two sections
    5. hover over the right section (CPU, Memory, …) and try to scroll

what is expected to happen

the right section to scroll

what went wrong

the left section is scrolling instead

***Modified Title from: can't scroll task manager***

robertisaac, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

1. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Task Manager 'Details'

2. Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings: The Task Manager used to work right, but recently it always opens in "less details" mode after a PC reboot, and I can no longer enable or disable Startup programs. Any changes I do in the Startup tab get reset after rebooting my PC, so I'm permanently stuck with the current...
  3. Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings: The Task Manager used to work right, but recently it always opens in "less details" mode after a PC reboot, and I can no longer enable or disable Startup programs. Any changes I do in the Startup tab get reset after rebooting my PC, so I'm permanently stuck with the current...
  4. Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crashes after clicking "details" tab!: Hello guys, I have been having this strange problem lately. When I open task manager and move to "details" tab, the manager crashes. I have tried running it safe mode. Didn't work. Antivirus didn't help either. Those are the some things I have tried to fix it. I have read...
  6. Task manager crash on more detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager crash on more detail: Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Needs other details? Thank you....
  7. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  8. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...
  9. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238
  10. Open Task Manager directly to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Task Manager directly to Details: Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599