Windows 10: Task Manager Disable Startup Items

Discus and support Task Manager Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshLamberth, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager under the Start tab (or msconfig pre-Windows10) or how you can delete the registry key in the HKLM:Run folder in regedit or even stopping the application services methods.

The question that formed during my research is where is the settings stored when you disable an startup app from within Task Manager under the Start tab? If you go to the HKLM:Run folder in regedit you can clearly see that the run reg key for that app is still present but somehow the app still does not auto start. Is there a config file stored somewhere?

:)

JoshLamberth, Sep 28, 2018
  2. tiku Win User

Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

Hello !
    When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path:
    But on windows 10 there's no a such path.

( I don't want to disable , but to completely remove from Task Manager - Startup )

How can I do it?

Thank you !

3. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Task Manager Disable Startup Items [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

solved but complex - on task manager > startup - stop/remove items from showing (not just disable)

solved but complex - on task manager > startup - stop/remove items from showing (not just disable)

macos best, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager Disable Startup Items

1. Task Manager Disable Startup Items - Similar Threads - Task Manager Disable

2. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  3. Startup items disabling on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup items disabling on restart: So, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where whenever I restart my PC, my startup items would revert to default or disable themselves. That means some programs that I want to start themselves have to be manually started and this is just very inconvenient. I've run SFC...
  4. Task Manager doesn't list all startup items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager doesn't list all startup items: i messed up big time backing appdata folder and using it with a clean install i did couple of months ago, i had the issue of no startup item showing in task manager and now only 3 of them shows, idk why not msi afterburner or bandicam or any new app i install. I once upgraded...
  5. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup: A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been disabled. I enabled it from regedit and restarted same popup appears and if I click yes Task Manager is disable and remains enabled...
  6. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  7. Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?: I had installed Thunderbird and added it to my startup items, but it wasn't working out. I now have an empty icon in the Task Manager and would like to remove it. Would anyone know how please? [img] 122769
  8. Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager: So I've just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now there are only 3 items (OneDrive, something for my touchpad and something from vimicro). This means that I my sound does not work as well as like Intel RST, the battery software and much more. I have tried to enable stuff from...
  9. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...
  10. All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager: How to fix? [img] 73791

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont task manager display startup items