Windows 10: Task manager does not show running apps.

Discus and support Task manager does not show running apps. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI! So, I've found this problem with my task manager where it won't show any running applications both in "Fewer and More details Mode". I've tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Axiash, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Axiash Win User

Task manager does not show running apps.

HI! So, I've found this problem with my task manager where it won't show any running applications both in "Fewer and More details Mode". I've tried the View > Referesh now and View > Group by Type but it still wont work. I've also tried doing SFC /scannow in command prompt then restart pc, but it didn't fix anything. I also tried killing ang restarting explorer.exethru cmd since explorer.exe is not showing in taskmanager. But it is also the same. Is there any other fix around this? Thanks.Here is what it looks like on my pc. I'm clearly running some apps as you can see.

:)

Axiash, Dec 6, 2022
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Dec 6, 2022
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Task manager does not show running apps.

where is task manager in windows phone

First of all i love windows, <3

but

I want to ask where is task manager in windows phone :-(.

A task manager is very helpful and important app (as in windows pc).

If android and ios can provide an app similar to task manager then why not in windows phone.

I want to suggest you to build a task manager app which should show the following info

• list of all running apps
    • Info about cpu usage and Ram usage (just like in windows pc)
    • A button which says close all apps . Because i don't want to close all apps one by one
    • Processes running in background.
    • Network information (like in windows pc)
    so Microsoft, are you planning to build an like this Task manager does not show running apps. :) .

Waiting for your answer

Gyan Parkash, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Task manager does not show running apps.

1. Task manager does not show running apps. - Similar Threads - Task manager does

2. Task manager does not show running apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager does not show running apps.: HI! So, I've found this problem with my task manager where it won't show any running applications both in "Fewer and More details Mode". I've tried the View > Referesh now and View > Group by Type but it still wont work. I've also tried doing SFC /scannow in command prompt...
  3. Task manager does not show running apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager does not show running apps.: HI! So, I've found this problem with my task manager where it won't show any running applications both in "Fewer and More details Mode". I've tried the View > Referesh now and View > Group by Type but it still wont work. I've also tried doing SFC /scannow in command prompt...
  4. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  5. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  6. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

7. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. No foreground apps showing in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No foreground apps showing in task manager: So i updated to windows insider preview windows 11 build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and no foreground/opened apps are showing in taskmanager under "Apps" section. I normally use RAM section to reorder apps running with the most ram usage so I can see what's hogging up my...
  9. No foreground apps showing in task manager

No foreground apps showing in task manager: So i updated to windows insider preview windows 11 build 22478.rs_prerelease.211008-1414 and no foreground/opened apps are showing in taskmanager under "Apps" section. I normally use RAM section to reorder apps running with the most ram usage so I can see what's hogging up my...
  10. Multiple apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...