Windows 10: Task Manager doesn't list all startup items

Discus and support Task Manager doesn't list all startup items in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i messed up big time backing appdata folder and using it with a clean install i did couple of months ago, i had the issue of no startup item showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XYR000, Mar 24, 2021.

1. /u/XYR000 Win User

Task Manager doesn't list all startup items

i messed up big time backing appdata folder and using it with a clean install i did couple of months ago, i had the issue of no startup item showing in task manager and now only 3 of them shows, idk why not msi afterburner or bandicam or any new app i install. I once upgraded my realtek drivers it stopped showing up after uninstall then came back after reinstall so it seem to be limited to the items already listed and have got some weird boundaries anything else not there wouldn't affect, is there a solution without dong a clean install? i have tried deleting and creating startup folders and even the ones with hyphen in the middle of it's name and without hyper it doesn't list even the current 3 it's showing so there is certainly something messed up big time with it.

submitted by /u/XYR000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XYR000, Mar 24, 2021

2. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Task Manager doesn't list all startup items [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, Mar 24, 2021
  3. TerriB Win User
    Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

I have (15) next to Google Chrome in my apps list on the task manager. I pulled down the arrow and there is a list of 15 Google Chrome items but what does that really mean to me? I only have 4 tabs open so have no clue what the (15) is representing. They all have good sized memory numbers.

TerriB, Mar 24, 2021
  4. pepanee Win User

Task Manager Startup Items missing

Download WhatInStartup by NirSoft. It's a very small app that should show exactly each item in your Startup tab)

WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup
    (scroll down for the download link)

Does it show anything in there?

(On my computer, WhatInStartup shows each application that is listed in the Task Manager Startup tab).

pepanee, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Task Manager doesn't list all startup items - Similar Threads - Task Manager doesn't

2. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?: Hello! So, I had an item called program and I saw a post on the Microsoft community saying that I can show the command line to know where it is, I did so and found out that it's related to Microsoft teams but didn't find the location in the command line...I uninstalled teams...
  3. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?: Hello! So, I had an item called program and I saw a post on the Microsoft community saying that I can show the command line to know where it is, I did so and found out that it's related to Microsoft teams but didn't find the location in the command line...I uninstalled teams...
  4. What is that "Program" file that shows on my startup items list in the task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  6. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  7. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  8. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...
  9. Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items: Hello, I was just working with my Task Manager startup items and noticed there are several items that have numbers in parenthesis next to them. What do those numbers mean? Are those numbers telling me I need to do something, as in are they registering any sort of "alert"...
  10. All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager: How to fix? [img] 73791