Windows 10: Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds.

Discus and support Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK so I never noticed this before but every 15 seconds I receive a small file 168kb that spikes my ethernet connection. And another 8kb every 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oniox Rurrow, May 13, 2020.

1. Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds.

OK so I never noticed this before but every 15 seconds I receive a small file 168kb that spikes my ethernet connection. And another 8kb every 30 seconds. Even does it in safe mode with internet connection. I don't know where to start but background apps and sync is off. Does it while idle, even with safe mode / minimal setup msconfig

:)

Oniox Rurrow, May 13, 2020
  2. Muxthepux Win User

Machine freezes for a few seconds, spike in Network traffic

Hello,
    My Dell 5675 w Ryzen 7 sometimes freezes for a few seconds.
    Shortly before it resumes, the fan starts cranking up.
    There are no events in the Event Viewer, when I open the Task Manager I see no spike in Memory or CPU activity, but in Ethernet activity.

Hope someone has a hint what to look for.

Thanks!

Muxthepux, May 13, 2020
  3. GAM51 Win User
    CPU Spikes - crash game, unable to load browser

Thank you so much for responding. I have done as you suggest with the paging file sizes. We will see what happens.

On my Task Manager Processes window nothing stands out – infact it shows task manager using the most CPU. All other listed processes are only a decimal % (eg. 0.8%)

Further information – I have an Ethernet connection and use Telus (I am located in Squamish BC, Canada). I notice that even while sitting ‘idle’ – as in me typing presently to you in this reply – I have my Task Manager open to Performance and the Ethernet
    window shows occasional large spikes in send and/or receive, when I would have thought that nothing is being sent or received. Is this normal behaviour?

Anyway, again I really appreciate your advice.

Cheers

GAM51, May 13, 2020
  4. AlterMind Win User

Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds.

Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

Hi all -- the title says it all *Smile
    Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins !
    Thx for your suggestions !
    @+++

Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds. [​IMG]

AlterMind, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds.

1. Task manager /ethernet spikes every 15 seconds. - Similar Threads - Task manager ethernet

2. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  3. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spike every second: Yesterday i got the problem with the ping spike pls help me here some pinging:Reply from : bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=1310ms TTL=64 Reply from : bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64 Reply from bytes=32 time=1980ms TTL=64...
  4. ping spike every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  6. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spike every 5 seconds.: Hi everyone,On the second pc we have, there is wifi. It's a computer with windows 10.The ping is perfect when it start up, and if nothing is done on it, nothing happen.But when i'm playing, about ~30 minutes into the game, the problem start. It's like every 5 seconds there is...
  7. Ping spike every 5 seconds.

8. ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds

ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds: my family got this router called the deco m5 which comes with 2 boosters, I connect to the main one connected to the modem the modem is an nbn box since I live in Australia, anyways my ping stays steady at 30 then every 15 seconds it shoots to 300 I have no Idea what to do, I...
  9. ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds: my family got this router called the deco m5 which comes with 2 boosters, I connect to the main one connected to the modem the modem is an nbn box since I live in Australia, anyways my ping stays steady at 30 then every 15 seconds it shoots to 300 I have no Idea what to do, I...
  10. Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds: So, just a few days ago, I got on my computer and started experiencing these lag spikes... It occurs every 2-3 seconds (and it's a second-long spike)... to equate to how this feels: It's like playing an FPS game with lag -- you're shooting a person, but the shots aren't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager ethernet spikes idle

2. network Spike task manager

3. task manager 8kb spikes