Windows 10: Task manager freeze for a while when opened

Discus and support Task manager freeze for a while when opened in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I open task manager it freezes for a second or 2 then works normally and there's a high cpu usage caused by system interrupts and trigger the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yamii0, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/yamii0 Win User

Task manager freeze for a while when opened

Whenever I open task manager it freezes for a second or 2 then works normally and there's a high cpu usage caused by system interrupts and trigger the dgpu. Does that indicate something is wrong or should I not worry about it?

submitted by /u/yamii0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yamii0, May 12, 2020

2. Windows Freezes & only opening Task Manager can fix it

How do i stop this from happening?

All windows randomly freeze up and if i open task manager they are all of a sudden released. When frozen i cant even click something closed. We ran the scan now as suggested and nothing

Thank You

RommelHernandez1, May 12, 2020
  3. Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Hi Cody,

There are several factors to consider should you encounter freezing issues when opening the Task Manager. The freezing issue might be due to a software conflict. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer
    the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the
      latest updates
      for Windows 10?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10 PC? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type winver, and then press
      Enter.

For now, we advise following the steps outlined in this support article.
    The link has tips on how to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 12, 2020
  4. Geoff499 Win User

Edge and Task Manager

When I have a number of Edge tabs open and the system freezes, I open Task Manager to if I can find which site is not responding. However, with Windows 10, when I open Task Manager, it just shows the Edge app but no details of which websites. If I right-click
    on the Edge app, I get a list of "services", but for the Edge app the list just says MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe for each of the open websites, but there is no mention of the website. This is pretty useless. How can I see the actual websites in Task Manager to know
    which ones I want to close or recover later?

Geoff499, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Task manager freeze for a while when opened - Similar Threads - Task manager freeze

2. Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched: I am facing a problem in which my laptop freezes when I leave it idle for 5 minutes and when I check my RAM and CPU usage I have RAM and CPU monitor in taskbar both are 99%. But if I open the task manager and leave my laptop idle for even 2 hours my laptop works perfectly...
  3. Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched: I am facing a problem in which my laptop freezes when I leave it idle for 5 minutes and when I check my RAM and CPU usage I have RAM and CPU monitor in taskbar both are 99%. But if I open the task manager and leave my laptop idle for even 2 hours my laptop works perfectly...
  4. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  5. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  6. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task Manager says many tasks open when opening computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager says many tasks open when opening computer: So I've had my computer now for about a year and haven't had a big problem until now. what I've encountered is that in task manager I'm seeing that there are many different tabs i have never seen that are open. I've tried restarting and as soon as i load the computer and open...
  8. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...
  9. Task manager freezing up when exiting

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager freezing up when exiting: I'm having some issues with windows 10 and my task manager. I just came off a fresh install on tuesday ish. Updated everything but my task manager opens fine but after exiting it, it turns white and remains there for a good 15 seconds before going away. I also notice clicking...
  10. Task Manager hidden when game freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager hidden when game freezes: I think this is just a messup on the programmers part of Windows 10. I say this because I used Windows 7 and 8 since well... they came out and ALWAYS when I brought up the Task manager it would override the program I was currently in and show its window on top. I was...