Windows 10: Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

Discus and support Task manager frequently becoming unclickable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom Ryzen desktop with dual monitors, and I use my larger monitor for main purposes and the smaller for things like the task manager, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LambBrainz, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

I have a custom Ryzen desktop with dual monitors, and I use my larger monitor for main purposes and the smaller for things like the task manager, so I can monitor how things are running.

Frequently, while I am playing a game, I'll notice that the task manager has become unclickable. It's not "unresponsive", per se, but when I go to click on any part of the window it'll go through to the window underneath, or desktop, and make the manager disappear. It's quite annoying and the only way to resolve it is to quit the task manager through the taskbar and start another instance.

I've gone through various standard system checks, and no issues have come up yet.

I don't think it's related, but I've also come across an issue where many windows store app (even the store app itself) icons are just missing, and in the task manager they show as a gap with a blue line underneath.

My Rig:

Ryzen 2700x

Crosshair Hero VI motherboard

Samsung 960 Evo NVMe C drive

RX480 video card

32 Gb of Corsair Vengeance LED 3200mhz memory (running far slower, though)

Been running this build for about a year and a half now (albeit with an upgraded CPU), and this problem has been around for a few months now.

Cheers!

:)

LambBrainz, Jul 6, 2018
  2. infrared Win User

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task manager frequently becoming unclickable ;)

infrared, Jul 6, 2018
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

1. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable - Similar Threads - Task manager frequently

2. everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable: so sometimes when using a monitor everything on both my main laptop and monitor becomes unclickable with the only thing still clickable being the taskbar. i dont know what i could try to fix thissystem information:Device name -removed-Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon...
  3. everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable: so sometimes when using a monitor everything on both my main laptop and monitor becomes unclickable with the only thing still clickable being the taskbar. i dont know what i could try to fix thissystem information:Device name -removed-Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon...
  4. Some part of my screen become unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  5. Some part of my screen become unclickable

Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  6. Application becomes completely unclickable/uninteractable sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application becomes completely unclickable/uninteractable sometimes: I started using a new laptop thinkpad T14 with Ryzen CPU last week. There is one applicationin this case, SAP Business One that sometimes would become completely unclickable. Let me try to explain the "unclickable" with the following symptoms:clicking on anywhere on the...
  7. Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.: [ATTACH] Can I get help to troubleshoot this thing? Task Manager is not accessible even with ctrl+shift+esc I can only access the Task manager if I delete this one in regedit after deleting this file, task manager is accessible but when I restart windows, task manager...
  8. Title bars become unclickable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bars become unclickable: [ATTACH] Basically, the title, The title bar of all the software/apps becomes unclickable randomly. To fix it, I've to press CLRL ALT DELETE, then open the task manager as soon as I do that everything works normally. I've done a full wipe of SSD but the issue's there...
  9. Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10

Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10: So I've had this problem with my Dell Inspiron 7567 Laptop ever since I got it, it didn't start from the beginning, but it always comes up, even after I reset my windows completely. what happens is that the start menu stops working, it responds when I click on it but I'm not...
  10. Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent: I see now I posted this in the wrong area of the forums. SORRY! If someone could move this to the BSOD section I would appreciate it. I built this PC three, maybe four, months ago now and haven't had many issues with it after initial troubleshoot on the build. Had to use...