Windows 10: Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

Discus and support Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bingkai, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Bingkai Win User

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times.

:)

Bingkai, Mar 13, 2020
  2. ayalvac Win User

Task Manager: Access Denied (Setting Priority)

Even though I use the admin profile and launch the task manager as such I get the "access denied" message when I try to change priority of the processes or set affinity for them. I have the latest build of Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there any solution for
    this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ayalvac, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Jackson83 Win User
    task manager access is denied

i'm having an issue where i cant set process affinity or process priority. im trying to limit my antivirus avast to one core and so it will stop using 40% of my cpu. it's 1.5Ghz AMD a4-apu and im trying to run elsword. i would turn off avast but task manager
    wont turn it off fully it still uses a good chunk of the cpu. I am on windows 10 right now. It wont let me stop the process it said access is denied and im the admin on this pc

Jackson83, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

task manager access is denied

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on Properties.

5. Click on Security tab and click on Edit.

6. Then give full permission to the Administrator.

Step 2: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on End Task.

Also I suggest you to check the status of the account.

1. Type "Settings" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu
    and click on it.

2. Click on Accounts.

4. Check if the account is Administrator.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

1. Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process. - Similar Threads - Task Manager access

2. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  3. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  4. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. task manager end process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager end process: I want to end antimalware service executable it has windows defender when i say end task it says access is denied and it can't happen. how do i gain access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-end-process/81d90273-6cff-47b6-8aaa-5c3dfc5a0dba
  6. How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied": Hi, I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928). Does anyone know the steps to follow to achieve this? Thanks!...
  7. Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager

Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager: When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' ***Original title: Task Manager 'access denied'***...
  8. Task Manager 'access denied'

Task Manager 'access denied': When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-access-denied/472e548c-c469-4a62-8771-d44284bbd8b0
  9. Can't end AVAST process. I'm trying to end the process, but it shows access denied although...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't end AVAST process. I'm trying to end the process, but it shows access denied although...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emamfh/cant_end_avast_process_im_trying_to_end_the/
  10. Access denied when trying to end task

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Access denied when trying to end task: Hello! Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and click End task). But there are a couple of applications that hang for good and cannot terminate them. I get an Access Denied...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set affinity access denied windows 10

2. task manager set affinity access denied

3. unable to set affinity

4. change affinity access denied,
  5. set affinity denied,
  6. task manage access denied set affinity