Windows 10: Task Manager GPU readout not correct.

Discus and support Task Manager GPU readout not correct. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've got a 2-GPU system that I'm using to run Folding@Home. This, naturally, fully loads both graphics cards. However, Windows Task Manager only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarsouinNA, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Task Manager GPU readout not correct.

Hello! I've got a 2-GPU system that I'm using to run Folding@Home. This, naturally, fully loads both graphics cards. However, Windows Task Manager only shows a 0-2% load on the cards. This also occurred when running a video game for a more normal GPU task. Radeon Settings, GPU-Z, and MSI Afterburner all correctly showed usage at 99%, as well as my video card's light-up 'Tachometer'. Why is task manager failing to detect this load?

:)

MarsouinNA, Sep 19, 2019

2. GPU graph is not seen in task manager

Hi Sree,

You can now view GPU performance in the Task Manager in Windows 10 if you have a dedicated GPU, the Task Manager will show you performance stats for both the integrated and dedicated GPU since you just mentioned that you've already upgraded your PC to the Fall
    Creators Update. But, since the GPU graph is not showing on your PC's Task Manager, there's a possibility that your computer wasn't meet requirements for GPU in the Task Manager. To know more about it, you may check this article:
    GPUs in the task manager

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Sep 19, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

Just tried your info, and although my GTX1070 supports WDM 2.6, I see no temps in Task Manager. I can, however, see temps in tools such as HWiNFO, SIW, and so forth. Any suggestions as to how to investigate further and/or repair this deficiency? Thanks!
    --Ed--

For example, here's the Sensors output on the GPU from SIW Home:

Task Manager GPU readout not correct. [​IMG]

EdTittel, Sep 19, 2019
  4. 7fh3498f Win User

Task Manager GPU readout not correct.

7fh3498f, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager GPU readout not correct.

1. Task Manager GPU readout not correct. - Similar Threads - Task Manager GPU

2. GPU section in Task Manager missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU section in Task Manager missing: I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and whenever I go to task manager under processes I can't see the GPU section. I can see it under the performance section the one with the graphs, but not in the processes page. I looked at the settings and it doesn't have an option to show...
  3. GPU section in Task Manager missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU section in Task Manager missing: I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and whenever I go to task manager under processes I can't see the GPU section. I can see it under the performance section the one with the graphs, but not in the processes page. I looked at the settings and it doesn't have an option to show...
  4. Task Manager GPU Monitoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager GPU Monitoring: My Integrated and Dedicated GPU not Show in Task Manager Performance Tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-gpu-monitoring/d74e199b-ba7d-4a94-a4f6-c86febd16a61
  5. Task Manager GPU Monitoring

Task Manager GPU Monitoring: My Integrated and Dedicated GPU not Show in Task Manager Performance Tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-gpu-monitoring/d74e199b-ba7d-4a94-a4f6-c86febd16a61
  6. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  7. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  8. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Task manager - GPU issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task manager - GPU issue: The GPU column in the task manager is showing abrupt information, like sometime it shows the correct value of the gpu usage of each process but sometimes it does not show anything. There is a noticeable duration till this problem is noticed so it cannot be ignored. I also...
  10. GPU Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Performance in Task Manager: After installing the Fall Creators Update, I checked Task Manager to look on the Performance tab to see what it said about my NVIDIA GPU on my laptop. That option is not showing up and I can find no way to enable it. Anyone have any idea? JohnD 95970