Windows 10: Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Discus and support Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NebilA_, Feb 21, 2022.

1. NebilA_ Win User

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly would drop less and less which is just strange. But then right when I close Task Manager, temp rises again to the fullest. I even restored the bios settings and even Nvidia Control Panel settings to see if anything would help but didn't sadly. I also noticed when I'm in the bios menu, everything is running fine but right whe

:)

NebilA_, Feb 21, 2022

2. GPU temperature .

Hi Mr.Shivam,

My greatest apologies, I've lost my internet connection earlier. I also thought it was just the GPU statistics as well. For GPU temperature, it will only show the dedicated GPU, however, not all dedicated GPU. Here are the limitations below. If the WDDM version
    is 2.4 or newer, then I suggest updating the GPU driver directly from the computer manufacturer's website.

https://www.ceofix.net/1881/how-to-show-gpu-tem...

(Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Independent Advisor

Paul Abayon, Feb 21, 2022
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10  

Just tried your info, and although my GTX1070 supports WDM 2.6, I see no temps in Task Manager. I can, however, see temps in tools such as HWiNFO, SIW, and so forth. Any suggestions as to how to investigate further and/or repair this deficiency? Thanks!
    --Ed--

For example, here's the Sensors output on the GPU from SIW Home:

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes [​IMG]

EdTittel, Feb 21, 2022
  4. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Gpu temperature

Normally, GPUs are extremely hot because of the simultaneous process between the software and the hardware. It looks like you still not exceeded with the temperature limit of your GPU. I would really suggest hibernating your laptop for a while until it
    is really cool down.

Cheers!

JeremyCountings, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

1. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes - Similar Threads - Task Manager GPU

2. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  3. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  4. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  7. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  8. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  9. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  10. Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Monitor GPU Temperature from Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in...