Windows 10: Task Manager has disappeared

Discus and support Task Manager has disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Task Manager has disappeared. When I type Task manager in the search box, and select the App, I get the following error message: Windows cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wee-Blu-It, May 19, 2020.

1. Task Manager has disappeared

Task Manager has disappeared. When I type Task manager in the search box, and select the App, I get the following error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.

I own the PC, so I am the administrator. I have searched the registry I used online guides to do this; I made no changes, just searched for the task manager and it has been completely deleted from my PC - is it little wonder why it won't start !?!

I followed MS guides to carry out maintenance on the PC, but task manager still doesn't appear.

It has disappeared before, but was merely disabled for some reason, however this time it has vanished without a trace.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 18362. The PC was previously running on Windows 7, which was updated to Windows 10 when it was released. My PC is regularly checked for viruses and malware, and to date nothing has been found.

Can anyone help?

:)

Wee-Blu-It, May 19, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, May 19, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task Manager has disappeared ;)

infrared, May 19, 2020
  4. Task Manager has disappeared

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager has disappeared

1. Task Manager has disappeared - Similar Threads - Task Manager has

2. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  3. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  4. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  5. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager has black background: The text in it is unreadable. I've already tried changing the color mode in settings but nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-has-black-background/cad1db92-6aaa-42af-a231-bc372361588d
  6. task manager has black background

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing: I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have...
  8. task manager disappears when mouse cursor is moved

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager disappears when mouse cursor is moved: Hi Team, I have windows 10 1903. When I try to open task manager (Ctril+alt+del). It prompts the dialog box and disappears immediately when I move the mouse. I don't have any antivirus installed and no conflicting applications. Is there anyway to resolve this....
  9. Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig: Hello, I've been on 1809 until yesterday, then I upgraded to 19H1 (1903) with idea, that it will fix itself, but I still cannot see services under services tab in Task Manager (TM) and also couldn't see any service under msconfig I tried to: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Cortana has disappeared from task

in Cortana
    Cortana has disappeared from task: Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-has-disappeared-from-task/45a0bb32-a7da-4431-8434-d213ce8f9186"