Windows 10: Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

Discus and support Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I've noticed that when I open Task Manager it says that the publisher is unknown. Looking on some forums most say to do an sfc /scannow.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesDonnelly2, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

Hi,

Recently I've noticed that when I open Task Manager it says that the publisher is unknown. Looking on some forums most say to do an sfc /scannow. This yields the result -

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

I went to Windows Update and that has error 0x800b0001 and 0x80246007.

I run the Windows updater troubleshooter states "An error occured while troubleshooting: A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting" Error code 0x800B0003.

Also, trying to manually install updates has error "Installer encountered an error: 0x800B0001" Unknown trust provider.

Finally, when updating Virus and Threat Definitions they haven't been successfully updated since 27th Deccember 2018. I get error code -2145124318

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 OS Build 17134.472

Thanks all!

:)

JamesDonnelly2, Jan 14, 2019

2. Can't run program with 'unknown publisher'

I am attempting to open a program with an unknown publisher.

Before the April 2018 update, I would see a prompt upon lunching the program that would inform me that this program had an unknown publisher. This prompt would allow me to select the 'Run Anyway' option. Since the April 2018 update, this prompt does
    not display. The program does not run and does not show up in the task manager. I currently know of a workaround by disabling a feature in Windows Defender. My question is, will there be a fix for this soon?

Windows Defender Security Center -> App & Browser Control -> turn off -> Check apps and files

MarkDecker1, Jan 14, 2019
  3. When I start Task Manager, it asks for permission to run from unknown publisher and then does nothing

I am running Windows 10, having upgraded from Windows 8.1. When I try to run Task Manager, I get the box that asks me if I want to run Windows32/taskmgr.exe because it is "from an unknown publisher". After I say okay, it just disappears. I am having
    no such issues on my two other Windows 10 systems, one upgraded from 8.1 and one from Windows 7. How do I fix this so I can run task manager?

River City Ken, Jan 14, 2019
  4. KlausKo Win User

Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

UAC: Do you trust the unknown publisher to make chnages to your computer

The game won't run.

User control ask if I trust this unknown publisher to do changes to the computer ?

Any suggestions beside upgrading to newer game ?

Incompatibility with Football Manager 2005- Original Title

KlausKo, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

1. Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates - Similar Threads - Task Manager has

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  4. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  5. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  6. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  8. Unknown Publisher!!

Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  9. Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning

Task Manager and other programs give unknown publisher warning: I have fairly frequently run Task Manager and Power shell, probably daily. Today, trying to run both Powershell and Task Manager and also when I looked at creating a restore point I get a dialog box which says that Powershell.exe Taskmgr.exe have an "Unknown Publisher" and I...
  10. A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.: [ATTACH]I just saw a task called "Windows" with an unknown publisher in startup menu as you can see in screenshot. Tell me that is it a legit task? Is it a common task in every PC?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskmgr unknown publisher

2. task manager unknown publisher

3. ms task manager publisher unknown

4. taskmgr.exe unknown publisher