Windows 10: task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?

Discus and support task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been noticing my disk activity light on for long periods of time. I attached a screen shot of my task manager activity. It show 100% for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by travisteeXP, Apr 10, 2021.

1. task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?

I've been noticing my disk activity light on for long periods of time.

I attached a screen shot of my task manager activity.

It show 100% for a long time and also high CPU activity .

Bitdefender is using about 400MB of memory. Could that be what is doing it?

I'm not having any other issues.

Any ideas on what is going on here?

task manager  high CPU and Disk  ... WHY? 41ee0620-5e01-4495-8fa9-a6e995079f9b?upload=true.png

:)

travisteeXP, Apr 10, 2021

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Apr 10, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High CPU usage until I open the task manager.

Hi mus890,

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

If necessary, choose the Processes Tab

Click on the CPU column header, so that arrow faces down

Leave that window open to monitor your system

When this high CPU occurs, minimize whatever windows you are working on and check what are the top 5 processes listed at that time?

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2021
  4. KBranigan Win User

task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them listed in task manager. I looked online and can't find simple steps as I don't know what some actions are when people speak

KBranigan, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY?

1. task manager high CPU and Disk ... WHY? - Similar Threads - task manager high

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  5. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  6. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  7. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  8. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  9. User high CPU usage task manager

10. Task Manager causing high CPU 26.9%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager causing high CPU 26.9%: I've got a 2016 Surface Pro 4 Intel i5, 4GB RAM My Task Manager as an application is taking up around 25% of the CPU when I'm trying to do other normal things browse the internet, chat on discord. In addition there are often other services, like Windows Explorer, that are...