Windows 10: Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.

Discus and support Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So lately i've been extremely paranoid about my computer having malware. It doesnt according to the many scans of Avast, windows defender, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris_11886, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.

So lately i've been extremely paranoid about my computer having malware. It doesnt according to the many scans of Avast, windows defender, and malwarebytes Though I have noticed that everytime I open up task manager, for about a second I see i'm at 100% CPU usage this is before all the icons and process names fully load in ans I was wondering if this is normal or if a malware is masking itself. After a few seconds task manager CPU usage will drop to like 2% once icons and progeam names load in.Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened. [​IMG]

:)

Chris_11886, Apr 27, 2020

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Apr 27, 2020
  3. High CPU usage when opening task manager

Hey, so as said in the title, my CPU usage is unusually high when I open task manager. After about a second, the CPU usage starts dropping down to around 5%. I've ran malwarebytes multiple times, but the issue still persists. I would like to avoid resetting
    my PC if possible.

ICEKILLER99, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.

high cpu usage when task manager is open

hi, i have done a clean boot and sfc clean-image restore etc nothing out the ordinary my computer is up to date also i use a program called open hardware to monitor mt temps / usage and it never is pinned near 70-100% there is spikes upon launching games
    etc but i assume that's normal even when i bring open the task manager and its using up to 30-40% cpu usage in other programs showing cpu usage it isn't as high as what windows task manager is telling me

sionireland, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened.

1. Task Manager high CPU usage right when it's opened. - Similar Threads - Task Manager high

2. High CPU usage until I open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage until I open task manager: Hello Microsoft... I have a problem that I tried to solve in more than one way. It was published on the Internet in general or on the Microsoft website in particular,But to no avail...It is the rise in the temperature of the device with the increase in the use of the...
  3. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  4. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  5. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened: After updating to windows 11, I am often noticing the CPU usage displayed as 100% as soon as I opened the task manager. I have reported it on the feedback hub a few months ago, but not yet received a proper fix even after an official response stating - "Thank you for taking...
  7. High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage displayed when task manager is opened: After updating to windows 11, I am often noticing the CPU usage displayed as 100% as soon as I opened the task manager. I have reported it on the feedback hub a few months ago, but not yet received a proper fix even after an official response stating - "Thank you for taking...
  8. High CPU usage until I open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage until I open task manager: Hello, I am using Ryzen Master to track my CPU temp and on idle it's around 52C. After a while of not using/using the computer, it goes up to 80C. When I open task manager to check what is using the cpu, the temperature instantly drops down to around 52C again. It stays...
  9. High CPU usage when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage when opening task manager: Hey, so as said in the title, my CPU usage is unusually high when I open task manager. After about a second, the CPU usage starts dropping down to around 5%. I've ran malwarebytes multiple times, but the issue still persists. I would like to avoid resetting my PC if possible....
  10. High cpu usage until I open Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High cpu usage until I open Task Manager: Two days ago I noticed that my computer was running very slow but when I would open Task manager it would say that my cpu usage was around 2% I used a third-party software to monitor my cpu usage and when I closed task manager was closed my cpu usage would shoot up to 100%....