Windows 10: Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Discus and support Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZeroUnderscoreOu, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be malware, but that doesn't seem to be the case quick scan by Windows Security and a third-party solution report all clear; same with VirusTotal scan of Taskmgr.exe. As far as I understand there's something wrong with the digital signature of the file VirusTotal states that root certificate is not trusted by the trust provider.

:)

ZeroUnderscoreOu, Nov 6, 2021

2. Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

Hi,

Recently I've noticed that when I open Task Manager it says that the publisher is unknown. Looking on some forums most say to do an sfc /scannow. This yields the result -

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

I went to Windows Update and that has error 0x800b0001 and 0x80246007.

I run the Windows updater troubleshooter states "An error occured while troubleshooting: A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting" Error code 0x800B0003.

Also, trying to manually install updates has error "Installer encountered an error: 0x800B0001" Unknown trust provider.

Finally, when updating Virus and Threat Definitions they haven't been successfully updated since 27th Deccember 2018. I get error code -2145124318

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 OS Build 17134.472

Thanks all!

JamesDonnelly2, Nov 6, 2021
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Can't run program with 'unknown publisher'

I am attempting to open a program with an unknown publisher.

Before the April 2018 update, I would see a prompt upon lunching the program that would inform me that this program had an unknown publisher. This prompt would allow me to select the 'Run Anyway' option. Since the April 2018 update, this prompt does
    not display. The program does not run and does not show up in the task manager. I currently know of a workaround by disabling a feature in Windows Defender. My question is, will there be a fix for this soon?

Windows Defender Security Center -> App & Browser Control -> turn off -> Check apps and files

MarkDecker1, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

1. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher? - Similar Threads - Task Manager file

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  4. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  5. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  6. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  7. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  8. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

9. A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A suspiciuos task "Windows" with unknown publisher in startup menu of task manager.: [ATTACH]I just saw a task called "Windows" with an unknown publisher in startup menu as you can see in screenshot. Tell me that is it a legit task? Is it a common task in every PC?...
  10. Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager has unknown publisher and failing Updates: Hi, Recently I've noticed that when I open Task Manager it says that the publisher is unknown. Looking on some forums most say to do an sfc /scannow. This yields the result - "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" I went to...