Windows 10: Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.

Discus and support Task Manager is always unclickable every restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Can I get help to troubleshoot this thing? Task Manager is not accessible even with ctrl+shift+esc I can only access the Task manager if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jelot20, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.

/u/jelot20, Mar 3, 2021

2. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

I have a custom Ryzen desktop with dual monitors, and I use my larger monitor for main purposes and the smaller for things like the task manager, so I can monitor how things are running.

Frequently, while I am playing a game, I'll notice that the task manager has become unclickable. It's not "unresponsive", per se, but when I go to click on any part of the window it'll go through to the window underneath, or desktop, and make the manager
    disappear. It's quite annoying and the only way to resolve it is to quit the task manager through the taskbar and start another instance.

I've gone through various standard system checks, and no issues have come up yet.

I don't think it's related, but I've also come across an issue where many windows store app (even the store app itself) icons are just missing, and in the task manager they show as a gap with a blue line underneath.

My Rig:

Ryzen 2700x

Crosshair Hero VI motherboard

Samsung 960 Evo NVMe C drive

RX480 video card

32 Gb of Corsair Vengeance LED 3200mhz memory (running far slower, though)

Been running this build for about a year and a half now (albeit with an upgraded CPU), and this problem has been around for a few months now.

Cheers!

LambBrainz, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Task Manager is always unclickable every restart.

1. Task Manager is always unclickable every restart. - Similar Threads - Task Manager always

2. Task Manager Should Default to -Always on Top-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Should Default to -Always on Top-: So my thread from 2 years ago is locked. I have to create a new thread. Wouldn't want everyone to see the continued stupidity.Once again an update has reset Task Manager to NOT 'Always on Top'. Of course the way you find out is when a full screen program bugs and you can't...
  3. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  4. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

Disk usage in task manager always at 100%: I have a HP Pavilion 15 cs1063cl. I have been using it for 4 years. I keep having issues with the disk being 100% all the time. I faced many problems trying to resolve this which brought new problems. But in the end I made a Clean Installation. Even now the disk is still in...
  5. Disk usage in task manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.: same time a third party app MSI companion app- came with MoBo shows normal figures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-always-shows-cpu-100/92e15d8b-69ff-4cb5-a4f5-93ea554356d0
  7. Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.

Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.: same time a third party app MSI companion app- came with MoBo shows normal figures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-always-shows-cpu-100/92e15d8b-69ff-4cb5-a4f5-93ea554356d0
  8. Task Manager Should Default to -Always on Top-

Task Manager Should Default to -Always on Top-: Updated to Windows 11 and the task manager is set back to -Always on Top- off. Why in all that is holy is -Always on Top- not the installation default?Of course I didn't realize this until I actually needed it and couldn't access it because a full screen program was in the...
  9. No restart button in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart button in task manager: I am trying to restart windows explorer to unfreeze my task bar but there is no restart button in the bottom right corner like there is supposed to be. Now I have a black screen behind the task manager and don't know how to fix it. Help please and thank you! 175069
  10. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager frequently becoming unclickable: I have a custom Ryzen desktop with dual monitors, and I use my larger monitor for main purposes and the smaller for things like the task manager, so I can monitor how things are running. Frequently, while I am playing a game, I'll notice that the task manager has become...