Windows 10: Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10

Discus and support Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If your Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10/8/7, then here are a few things you can do to successfully fix the blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 10, 2018

2. The processes tab of task manager is blank

In recent months, the processes tab of task manager is blank, while all other tabs of task manager have no problem. The process tab is normal when you first open task manager after an OS-restart. But after you close task manager and open it a second time,
    the process tab is blank and keeps blank all the time till next OS-start.

Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10 7da2f48b-59c9-4fd4-bb47-374b9e2ea673?upload=true.png

askweiruan, Nov 10, 2018
  3. passegua Win User
    Task manager not showing any process!

No, update doesn't show anything.

passegua, Nov 10, 2018
  4. JoshuaZ Win User

Task Manager Processes tab completely blank

Alright, so it has happened again, these are the items I have observed, plus my computer specifciations:

Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

RAM: 12 GB

Manufacturer iBUYPOWER Computers

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1709

OS build 16299.309

Ran both the dism.exe tool and the sfc, no changes with either one.

Oddities:

1: Left-clicking on the windows button does nothing

2: Task Manager Processes tab is empty

3: The Brother printer service icon was blank, and when I try to open it, the context menus are blank until I hover the mouse over them. I ask to open the application and I get an invisible window that I can't interact with, but if I bring other windows
    with graphic images on them (i.e my web browser) the rectangle is visible as a big rectangular 'hole' in the browser.

4. I used Process explorer to close out all of the Printer executables, and the 'invisible rectangle' disappeared. Process Tabs are still blank within the Task Manager (but I still get the percentage values in the header bar).

So, what other troubleshooting steps should I try?

JoshuaZ, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Task Manager blank

2. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  3. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  4. "Task Manager" processes

"Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  5. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  6. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  7. Task Manager is completely blank - no processes, startup etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager is completely blank - no processes, startup etc.: Anyone have an idea as to why task manager would be completely blank? I have scanned for malware, tried SFC SCAN, DSIM Restore Health and cannot figure out what is wrong. submitted by /u/jamhansen2431 [link] [comments]...
  8. task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager tab "processes" and tab "users" are blank: Both tabs mentioned above are blank. The other tabs are working fine. When I restart the PC everything works fine but after 4 hours the problem appears again....
  9. Task manager is not showing any process and remains blank after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is not showing any process and remains blank after update.: [ATTACH] When first time laptop started after finishing the update, it was working properly. But when i restarted it is hanging and running slow....
  10. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana: I just did a fresh install and update to 1803 Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana What can cause this? 114460

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager not showing processes

2. why doesnt my task manager show processes?

3. task manager blank windows 10

4. task manager blank,
  5. task manager shows no processes,
  6. empty users showing n task mamager,
  7. task manager only showing processes,
  8. task manager not showing processes windows 10,
  9. processes not showing in task manager,
  10. task manager processes blank,
  11. task mamaher processes vanished,
  12. task manager processes tab blank,
  13. task manager printing doesnt show,
  14. task manager end process is blank,