Windows 10: Task manager is different after watching a tutorial

Discus and support Task manager is different after watching a tutorial in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so I followed a tutorial on youtube to change windows 10's appearance to windows xp's but i didn't really like it so i uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Micka12, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Micka12 Win User

Task manager is different after watching a tutorial

Ok so I followed a tutorial on youtube to change windows 10's appearance to windows xp's but i didn't really like it so i uninstalled the programclassic shell but now task manager looks like this and I don't know what to do now. Task manager is different after watching a tutorial 08f4e89a-ecfc-49ea-b6aa-77ba1f2d0e07?upload=true.png

:)

Micka12, Aug 31, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 31, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task manager is different after watching a tutorial ;)

infrared, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Task manager is different after watching a tutorial - Similar Threads - Task manager different

2. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  3. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  4. The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.: Hello everyone. I run into a strange thing where the bios boot time is sometimes different. I am using an acer nitro 5 laptop and usually my bios boot time is 3.6 seconds, but sometimes it changes to 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9 seconds. What could be causing this?...
  5. The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The BIOS boot time in the task manager is sometimes different.: Hello everyone. I run into a strange thing where the bios boot time is sometimes different. I am using an acer nitro 5 laptop and usually my bios boot time is 3.6 seconds, but sometimes it changes to 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9 seconds. What could be causing this?...
  6. Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd: I have to upgrade my RAM so I was fetching details of the RAM chip installed on my PC and found that task manager shows speed as 2400 mhz whereas the command "wmic memorychip get speed" command shows 2666mhz. Which gives the correct information?...
  7. Is there a Tutorial to help me understand what can be achieved using the Task manager...

in Cortana
    Is there a Tutorial to help me understand what can be achieved using the Task manager...: Please give me a link or say where I can find such a tutorial. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-tutorial-to-help-me-understand-what-can/a39ee7e3-3eeb-489b-bcc4-432e21ae3299
  8. different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    different cpu usage in "processes" and "details" of task manager: Hi, I found that the cpu usage of an arbitrary process are not the same in tabs "processes" and "details" of task manager. For example, I write a simple c++ program foo.exe as below: int i; while 1 { i++; }; The cpu usage in "processes" tab vary in the range...
  9. The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.

The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.: The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different. Please tell me which program is correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-memory-usage-of-the-task-manager-and-the/ad23bd55-73a5-4260-9f81-75168e1a9126
  10. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Task Manager has different CPU Usage: I noticed that my Task Manager CPU Usage is different percent value from Rainmeter and Process Explorer. Sometimes On Task Manager CPU Usage reaches 100% sometimes I get lag and sometimes I don't lag at all even its 100%. Windows: Windows 10 v1903 Processor: Intel core i5...