Windows 10: Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.

Discus and support Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/yilsz5wjl8u51.png?width=1365&format=png&auto=webp&s=bd3fc3d8aad324e39b3ef3fb4cf99cd2d351e7e0 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jeremiah_Naidoo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.

/u/Jeremiah_Naidoo, Oct 20, 2020
  2. AlterMind Win User

Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

Hi all -- the title says it all *Smile
    Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins !
    Thx for your suggestions !
    @+++

Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing. [​IMG]

AlterMind, Oct 20, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 20, 2020
  4. passegua Win User

Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.

Task manager not showing any process!

No, update doesn't show anything.

passegua, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.

1. Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing. - Similar Threads - Task Manager updating

2. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  3. Second monitor is showing the same as the first

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is showing the same as the first: Hello guys I have been using two of the same monitors for about 1 year now, and it worked fine. But i wanted to change my resolution for windows. After trying it in the AMD Radeon Software Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580, i told me that the resolution i want 1750x1080, is not...
  4. task manager shows 100% for a split second and then returns to normal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager shows 100% for a split second and then returns to normal.: Hi, My cpu fan runs at full speed. To check this when i opened the task manager it shows cpu usage at 100% and then suddenly it fell to 5% or so. Then again i closed the task manager and reopened it again. Again the same thing happened. I searched the internet for answers...
  5. Task Manager showing 0% network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager showing 0% network: Hello, I have purchased a new Laptop MSI and have noticed that the task manager always displays the percentage of network as 0% and all programs as utilising no internet. This is not true at all as i have played online games and done many many downloads in the past couple...
  6. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  7. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  8. Nothing appears on my Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing appears on my Task Manager: So i had this problem when i opened my PC and then i opened the task manager to see my processes but suddenly nothing appears even tabs. I only see a white background of the task manager. Can someone please help me? My software is Windows 10 and i also tried double clicking...
  9. Task Manager shows single CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager shows single CPU: Hi My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10? Thanks Daniel 74373
  10. Task Manager not Updating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager not Updating: Task Manager is behaving strangely. Everything else is working properly on my machine. I can open Task Manager and view all of the various tabs, but they are not updating in real-time. Rather, I am receiving only the static information from the moment when I opened...