Windows 10: Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Discus and support Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WaffleKing478, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Hi, I just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those. It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4. I need help on how to fix this.I also checked the specs on the Intel website.

:)

WaffleKing478, Jul 6, 2021

2. Why does Task Manger shows half of the cores?

Device Manager shows logical processors (which is 8), while Task Manger reports on both aspects (4 cores and 8 logical processors).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 6, 2021
  3. redhonker Win User
    Why does Task Manger shows half of the cores?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

AMD FX 8320 E processor with 16 GB RAM

In Task Manager performance tab, it shows

CPU AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor

Cores: 4

Logical processors: 8

In Device Manager, it shows 8 under Processor

What is going on?

Thanks

redhonker, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

You probably do have only one core - but two logical processors. My own Device Manager seems to show 4 cores...

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors. 9cf1a426-818e-43fc-98b2-1e5a6f3ab061?upload=true.png

- but there are only 2 cores in Task Manager that split into 4 Logical Processors...

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors. fbebb5f0-dd44-41d8-9a19-1581dbaf64a5?upload=true.png

Right-click in the graph area, & change the graph to Logical Processors. I think you will see two of them.

PCR Just PCR, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

1. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors. - Similar Threads - Task Manager showing

2. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  3. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  4. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  6. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  7. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine: Hello, so I just decided to check how my cpu was doing in task manager and have only noticed that the my i9-10900 10 cores 20 thread cpuis only showing 10 cores and 10 logical processors, not 20 like it's supposed to be. I've tried the msconfig boot thing, but that is for...
  9. i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine

i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine: Hello, so I just decided to check how my cpu was doing in task manager and have only noticed that the my i9-10900 10 cores 20 thread cpuis only showing 10 cores and 10 logical processors, not 20 like it's supposed to be. I've tried the msconfig boot thing, but that is for...
  10. Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager only shows half of cores and threads: In my PC, i have an i7 2600k, a 4 core 8 thread processor. I have all cores and hyper threading enabled, but task manager says I have 2 cores and 4 logic's processors, or 4 threads. I have already tried changing msconfig boot settings. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....