Windows 10: TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

Discus and support TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STAR SUPER SONIC SATURN, Dec 22, 2020.

1. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED

:)

STAR SUPER SONIC SATURN, Dec 22, 2020

2. task manager displays wrong cpu speed/utilization

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED c7c25263-e12c-4ef2-bf48-26f852cb0e07.png

as can be seen, windows 10's task manager reports cpu speed as 3.26, where it is actually 4.13.

similarly, a multiplier of 28 will show a maximum cpu utilization of 80%.

the computer is running prime95, so it is definitely 100% loaded; this can be seen in various applications (e.g. intel extreme tuning utility, and many many others)

possibly the 125 bus speed is ignored? task manager seems to assume it is set to 100 in its calculations

is there a fix for this?

hundreAd ., Dec 22, 2020
  3. XMP Profile 1600MHZ RAM, Task Manager Shows 1066

This ^^

@Filip Georgievski, can't fix buggy Task manager display that shows wrong memory speed when you are overclocking front side bus frequency and not increasing cpu multiplier.

BiggieShady, Dec 22, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

XMP Profile 1600MHZ RAM, Task Manager Shows 1066

Windows ALWAYS shows stock rated speeds in Task Manager. My CPU runs at 4.5GHz and yet Task Manager shows 3.30 GHz I think (or 3.6) on the right side. However, under utilization column on the left, it shows the actual clock. Same goes for memory. Windows will show speed based on SPD on the right side. You can have it overclocked and it'll show stock speed there. Btw, XMP profiles are a form of overclock, so there's a reason why it still shows 1066MHz which is official rated speed for your platform.

RejZoR, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

1. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED - Similar Threads - TASK MANAGER SHOWING

2. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  3. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  4. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  5. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  6. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  7. Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization: Several windows 10 devices are showing high cpu speeds with litte or no Cpu Utilization in Task Manager. All or most of the devices use Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with build number ending with .868. On the newest desktop, I had installed .870 build. I tried removing .870 and...
  8. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.: After I changed start from amdppm to 4 in the registry, it showed the cpu base speed is 3.49 ghz in the task manager after i rebooted my system. I have a ryzen 3 2200g with the base speed at 3.5 ghz but when i set it to 3, it's 3.5 ghz, can someone explain me why this is...
  9. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed: On a fresh install of windows 10 home made with USB installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings CPU-Z shows actual clock...
  10. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages: Hi. My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation. Also noticed that Resource Manager displays the same values. here are a few things i have tried. - Sfc /scannow - Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - Updated...