Windows 10: Task Manager is triggering UAC

Discus and support Task Manager is triggering UAC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vurro., Sep 27, 2022.

1. vurro. Win User

Task Manager is triggering UAC

why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me

:)

vurro., Sep 27, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Trigger Task Scheduler by connection and disconnection of a wireless headphone

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to trigger a task in Task Scheduler when you connect headphone to your PC.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Connect the headphone to the computer. Now, press
      Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Bluetooth, right click on the
      headphone and select Properties.
    3. Click on Events tab, you will find 2 events.
    4. Click on the Device started event and click on
      View All Events.
    5. An Event Manager window will open, click on
      Attach Task To This Event on the lower right hand side.
    6. This should provide you the options to create a new task. Select the Actions for the program to be run based on the trigger.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Fcis_M Win User
    Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Sep 27, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Task Manager is triggering UAC - Similar Threads - Task Manager triggering

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Manager is triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is triggering UAC: why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-triggering-uac/a3fce4e9-5058-4f34-b9eb-6fed20f17285
  5. Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer: I have had quite some problems with windows and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times, this last one made the task manager always asks for admin permission even though I'm an administrator. how could I put it back to normal so it doesn't prompt uac?....
  6. Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer: I have had quite some problems with windows and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times, this last one made the task manager always asks for admin permission even though I'm an administrator. how could I put it back to normal so it doesn't prompt uac?....
  7. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  8. Task Scheduler Not Working, Task With One Time Trigger Not Triggering At Specified Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Working, Task With One Time Trigger Not Triggering At Specified Time: hey everyone. any reason why a task i create does not run or trigger at the specified time? im running windows 10 20h2 with sleep settings set to never.i have made a test task that runs a batch file one liner: shutdown -h have tried just shutdown as well on a one time...
  9. UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?: I don't know if a recent Windows 10 update changed something, or if I have a virus, or what, but my Win 10 Pro 64bit computer is behaving differently today than a day or so ago. If I try to open the Task Manager I get a UAC prompt. If I try to open Computer Management, I...
  10. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...