Windows 10: Task manager isn't showing anything

Discus and support Task manager isn't showing anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It's just been looking like this for months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaPloopoo, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Task manager isn't showing anything

/u/DaPloopoo, Mar 28, 2023

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 28, 2023
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Mar 28, 2023
  4. dotmarty Win User

Task manager isn't showing anything

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Task manager isn't showing anything

1. Task manager isn't showing anything - Similar Threads - Task manager isn't

2. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  3. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  4. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section: Hello my task manager in windows 11 was working fine. then I had to sign in again in the settings for some reason. now when I open edge up and watch videos i used to be able to see the wifi and cpu and gpu all registering and showing me what each is doing. but now nothing is...
  6. my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section

my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section: Hello my task manager in windows 11 was working fine. then I had to sign in again in the settings for some reason. now when I open edge up and watch videos i used to be able to see the wifi and cpu and gpu all registering and showing me what each is doing. but now nothing is...
  7. GPU isn't working and isn't showing up in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU isn't working and isn't showing up in task manager.: I have a HP Laptopmodel HP Laptop 17-ca2xxx and I'm trying to play games on it but it says that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I know it does because I've played games on it before. I tried checking my GPU in task manager but it isn't showing up, only CPU,...
  8. GPU isn't working and isn't showing up in task manager.

GPU isn't working and isn't showing up in task manager.: I have a HP Laptopmodel HP Laptop 17-ca2xxx and I'm trying to play games on it but it says that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I know it does because I've played games on it before. I tried checking my GPU in task manager but it isn't showing up, only CPU,...
  9. GPU isn't working and isn't showing up in task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Defender isn't showing anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender isn't showing anything: My laptop restarted out of no where, when turned on I tried to open windows security but nothing showed up. I looked for some help and it said to check services.msc, I did so but out of 4 windows defender services I only found 1 which was windows defender firewall....