Windows 10: task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working

Discus and support task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the windows key does not work on my keyboard and in the taskbar, the windows store button and the task view button also doesn't work. I cant click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thibovr, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Thibovr Win User

task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working

the windows key does not work on my keyboard and in the taskbar, the windows store button and the task view button also doesn't work. I cant click on my clock or volume buttons in the taskbar

:)

Thibovr, Jan 15, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

1. task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working - Similar Threads - task manager showing

2. task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working: the windows key does not work on my keyboard and in the taskbar, the windows store button and the task view button also doesn't work. I cant click on my clock or volume buttons in the taskbar...
  3. task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager just showing blank and windows buttons not working: the windows key does not work on my keyboard and in the taskbar, the windows store button and the task view button also doesn't work. I cant click on my clock or volume buttons in the taskbar...
  4. processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    processes tab of task manager remains blank all other task manager tabs work fine: I am not sure when this problem started because I rarely need to use the Task Manager. I remember asking one other time about this and that was before COVID-19 I have been very busy since that started. Looking at the community questions, I have tried SFC scannow and the DISM...
  5. No restart button in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart button in task manager: I am trying to restart windows explorer to unfreeze my task bar but there is no restart button in the bottom right corner like there is supposed to be. Now I have a black screen behind the task manager and don't know how to fix it. Help please and thank you! 175069
  6. Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager is not updating. It just shows the first second and then nothing.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/yilsz5wjl8u51.png?width=1365&format=png&auto=webp&s=bd3fc3d8aad324e39b3ef3fb4cf99cd2d351e7e0 submitted by /u/Jeremiah_Naidoo [link] [comments]...
  7. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  8. Task manager is not showing any process and remains blank after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is not showing any process and remains blank after update.: [ATTACH] When first time laptop started after finishing the update, it was working properly. But when i restarted it is hanging and running slow....
  9. start button not working ..blank task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button not working ..blank task bar: Hello after the latest update what is going on now my laptop is not working properly after your update WHERE is the update to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-blank-task-bar/a34f96c0-a4f5-455d-92ae-eb27def2faab
  10. Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If your Task Manager is blank & not showing processes in Windows 10/8/7, then here are a few things you can do to successfully fix the blank Task Manager issue. This can happen due to system file corruptions or malware [...] This post Task Manager is blank & not...