Windows 10: task manager keeps changing

Discus and support task manager keeps changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; task manager keeps changing from showing graphs on all performance processes cpu mem disk etc to having to select each process in order to see one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomski2, Sep 6, 2020.

1. tomski2 Win User

task manager keeps changing

task manager keeps changing from showing graphs on all performance processes cpu mem disk etc to having to select each process in order to see one individual graph. I prefer the first one.

task manager keeps changing b54149b0-b8d0-4b3c-b6e4-8ac2e25bced9?upload=true.png task manager keeps changing 982b216e-3123-45f9-88e6-589ada1d873b?upload=true.jpg

:)

tomski2, Sep 6, 2020

2. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 6, 2020
  4. task manager keeps changing

task manager

Hi Rebecca,

We'd like to know more information about this Task Manager issue you're experiencing. For us to better assist and isolate this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error messages?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

task manager keeps changing

1. task manager keeps changing - Similar Threads - task manager keeps

2. Can't change priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change priority in Task Manager: Whenever I try to change the priority of a task VRChat in Task Manager, it just says "This operation could not be completed." "Access is denied".I have already checked all the boxes in Properties > Security, and tried a clean boot, but it simply just refuses to be...
  3. Can't change priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change priority in Task Manager: Whenever I try to change the priority of a task VRChat in Task Manager, it just says "This operation could not be completed." "Access is denied".I have already checked all the boxes in Properties > Security, and tried a clean boot, but it simply just refuses to be...
  4. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  5. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  6. Task manager keeps "not responding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager keeps "not responding": Hi! This problem only occurred today. Clicking the "x" button on my task manager causes it to freeze and "not respond". I have researched about similar problems and solutions including running the cmd and even checking for updates and rebooting my computer like a million...
  7. Task manager keeps "not responding"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager keeps "not responding": Hi! This problem only occurred today. Clicking the "x" button on my task manager causes it to freeze and "not respond". I have researched about similar problems and solutions including running the cmd and even checking for updates and rebooting my computer like a million...
  8. Changing units in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing units in task manager: I'm using Windows 10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) By default the units in the memory usage of various apps in task manager show up in kilobytes. Is there any way to change them in megabytes? 184132
  9. Something keeps disabling the task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something keeps disabling the task manager: I figured out how to enable it again but it's disabled every time I turn on my computer. I disabled every startup program and that hasn't worked. submitted by /u/Duke_Leto1 [link] [comments]...
  10. Task Manager Icon Doesn't Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Icon Doesn't Change: [ATTACH] When I open Resource Hacker, and navigate to Taskmgr.exe, there is no Icon setting. There is only manifest and MUI, which seems to be it, but resource hacker can't view or edit these kinds of files. Is there a way to change it's icon. Also, is there a way to...