Windows 10: Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

Discus and support Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Default_Cube4646 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkw57n/task_manager_new_vs_old/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Default_Cube4646, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

/u/Default_Cube4646, Oct 30, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 30, 2020
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

1. Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD) - Similar Threads - Task Manager OLD

2. Windows: Task Manager vs Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows: Task Manager vs Performance Monitor: Hi,I am currently testing the performance of a GUI through CPU utilisation graphs. The two programs that come to mind to do so are the task manager and the performance monitor.When comparing both, they show the same general trend, however the task manager shows a slightly...
  3. Windows: Task Manager vs Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows: Task Manager vs Performance Monitor: Hi,I am currently testing the performance of a GUI through CPU utilisation graphs. The two programs that come to mind to do so are the task manager and the performance monitor.When comparing both, they show the same general trend, however the task manager shows a slightly...
  4. Windows: Task Manager vs Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with new AOL vs Old AOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with new AOL vs Old AOL: AOL automatically did an upgrade, and now I can not find my old list of names and/or comments? I have tried to find them but no luck. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. TX...
  6. Task Manager vs Process Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager vs Process Explorer: [ATTACH] I've been trying to figure out why Task Manager constantly says my CPU is at 100%. The problem is that it wants any app or service to take up the CPU. I also downloaded Process Explorer not too long ago and it never says 100% CPU. Now I'm wondering if I should...
  7. RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist

RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist: Task Manager shows that I'm using 17.5 GB of RAM, but if I run the following from a command prompt: > tasklist /FO csv load the CSV file into excel, then total the Mem Usage column, it only adds up to 8.25 GB. What is using the extra 8.75 GB and why isn't this broken out...
  8. Windows 10 Task Manager vs Older Windows systems Task Manager

Windows 10 Task Manager vs Older Windows systems Task Manager: I know there have been radical changes to Windows moving from XP to Vista, to 7, (I'll admit I have not touched 8), but I really feel like we've lost some common sense with some of the ways Windows 10 can deal with errors now. So as an example, sometimes if I'm running a...
  9. 3dBuilder New vs Old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3dBuilder New vs Old: Hi, I've been using 3dbuilder that came in Windows 10 pro for a couple years. I had a hard drive die and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on the new drive and 3dbuilder wasn't there and I was directed to the store. The problem is the version is entirely different i.e. no menus...
  10. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account: I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new account that the old one was going to either be deleted or would be merged with me new account. But Microsoft continues to ask me...