Windows 10: Task Manager no longer on my computer

Discus and support Task Manager no longer on my computer in Cortana to solve the problem; I no longer have task manager on my computer. where did it go/... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ArvonaJustice, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Task Manager no longer on my computer

I no longer have task manager on my computer. where did it go/

:)

ArvonaJustice, Mar 26, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Mar 26, 2020
  3. I cannot access Windows Update or Backup or Task Manager in my Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows Insider Builds.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the error message/ error code that you receive with respect to Task Manager?
    • Does this issue persists in Safe mode as well?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to end the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• As Task Manager is not working press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
      and check if Task Manager pops-up or press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete and check if it helps.
    • Under Process tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 3: I suggest you to Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Task Manager no longer on my computer

Managing 4 Single-Task Computers

*sigh* Let me simplify things.

I'm in charge of managing 4 computers. These computers only need to run a few specific tasks.

Problem #1: Is there a fast way to make a change to all the computers? Because right now, if I have to update something, I have to do it 4 times.

Problem #2: Is there a way to lock Windows (XP) down so the only thing the user will be able to do is the few specific tasks? I think Group Policy may be helpful here...?

Details in post 1. Thanks.

angelkiller, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager no longer on my computer

1. Task Manager no longer on my computer - Similar Threads - Task Manager longer

2. Windows 11 22H2 Task Manager no longer has tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Task Manager no longer has tabs: After the automatic update today, Windows 11 22H2 has created many problems. One of which is my now having a black background with white typeface on many menus. The biggest thing for me right now is Task Manager no longer has tabs. Specifically, there is no longer a tab for...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Task Manager no longer has tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Task Manager no longer has tabs: After the automatic update today, Windows 11 22H2 has created many problems. One of which is my now having a black background with white typeface on many menus. The biggest thing for me right now is Task Manager no longer has tabs. Specifically, there is no longer a tab for...
  4. Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer

Task Manager prompting UAC on personal computer: I have had quite some problems with windows and reinstalled it 4 or 5 times, this last one made the task manager always asks for admin permission even though I'm an administrator. how could I put it back to normal so it doesn't prompt uac?....
  5. my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section: Hello my task manager in windows 11 was working fine. then I had to sign in again in the settings for some reason. now when I open edge up and watch videos i used to be able to see the wifi and cpu and gpu all registering and showing me what each is doing. but now nothing is...
  6. my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section

my task manager is no longer showing anything in the performance section: Hello my task manager in windows 11 was working fine. then I had to sign in again in the settings for some reason. now when I open edge up and watch videos i used to be able to see the wifi and cpu and gpu all registering and showing me what each is doing. but now nothing is...
  7. Slow computer, disk 100% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow computer, disk 100% in task manager.: [ATTACH] Hi all, I noticed recently that my computer was running a little slow. In fact, on 08.03.2021 it wouldn't even open a PowerPoint document (albeit a big one). I opened up task manager and noticed that the disk was running at 100%. Having googled it I tried several...
  8. Personal Computer & Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personal Computer & Task manager: I see a lot of apps running in the background every 5 minute. it also happens when i restart my pc. what is causing this to happen? I'm 10 years old, I don't want to lose my only computer i have...
  9. Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004: Like the subject says. In previous versions of windows 10 the task manager performance tab would automatically start when windows starts. But that's not happening anymore since I upgraded to 2004. Any ideas? submitted by /u/micstatic80 [link] [comments]...
  10. 100% disk usage in the task manager.. freezes my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage in the task manager.. freezes my computer: Hello all, Any help would be highly appreciated!!1 I have updated the windows with the fall creators in Jan/Feb 2018 and from then 100% disk usage problem started which made my laptop useless.. i have tried many solutions to bring it back to normal but nothing worked so...