Windows 10: Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled...

Discus and support Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cn2dkwwd88161.png?width=811&format=png&auto=webp&s=977c6b095bead5a53d78bac15d93a2f38fd69bd3 Since WSL2 is a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OCDEngineerBoy, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled...

Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled... QRxSB7bY2GC2Qhgbv5vIjTUMpZ2PjzbPH6bGTw1PtPw.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/cn2dkwwd881...bp&s=977c6b095bead5a53d78bac15d93a2f38fd69bd3

Since WSL2 is a full VM, I had to change the Hyper-V WSL network switch to "external" in order to share the Wifi connection with WSL, but after the change the Realtek Wifi card disappeared from the "Performance" tab, being replaced by "WSL (vSwitch)" which is not a big deal because the total network speed is still shown properly. However now in the "Process" tab the network usage of all programs are down to 0%.

Is it possible to let Task Manager show proper per-app network connection?

submitted by /u/OCDEngineerBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OCDEngineerBoy, Nov 25, 2020

2. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Nov 25, 2020
  3. AlexOh7 Win User
    Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled...

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled...

1. Task manager no longer shows per-app internet usage when Hyper-V network sharing is enabled... - Similar Threads - Task manager longer

2. Task Manager not showing network usage from apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager not showing network usage from apps: Hello! Task Manager doesn't show which apps are using my network.it does show how much of my network is being used but I don't know from what app. is there any fix ?...
  3. Task Manager not showing network usage from apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager not showing network usage from apps: Hello! Task Manager doesn't show which apps are using my network.it does show how much of my network is being used but I don't know from what app. is there any fix ?...
  4. Task Manager not showing network usage from apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. task manager not showing proper values for network usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager not showing proper values for network usage: My task manager was working properly for years up until recently. All of the sudden it decided to just stop showing the values for network usage on all programs. Even when running a speed test or downloading a game, no program shows any usage. The percentage displayed is...
  6. Task manager not showing network usage.

Task manager not showing network usage.: [ATTACH] This started a couple months ago and i tried to fix it by going on google and searching the problem, but none of the stuff i tried worked. So i assumed it was just a big and it would be fixed in an update and, well, that didnt happen. i have a Ryzen 5 3600 GTX...
  7. Task Manager doesn't show network usage

Task Manager doesn't show network usage: [ATTACH] Normally it should show steam at the top. Network should be at 1.1 MBit/s, but it's not showing up. https://preview.redd.it/369f161tlf361.png?width=829&format=png&auto=webp&s=d6d678c95cdb3f589a2539b0413b066eb7f8da75 submitted by /u/__NotThatTall__ [link]...
  8. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  9. Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager: I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that it loaded XP and was ready for use. According to SystemInfo my AMD-Gigbyte computer supports all the requirements for...
  10. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...