Windows 10: Task Manager Not Available

Discus and support Task Manager Not Available in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So was given a HP Probook g3 laptop from my company as they were upgrading to newer machines. I installed a clean version of Windows 10 Pro on it. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sparker781, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Task Manager Not Available

So was given a HP Probook g3 laptop from my company as they were upgrading to newer machines. I installed a clean version of Windows 10 Pro on it. But cannot get Task Manager to work. I have gone into gpedit and disabled the group policy and went into the registry and did the same thing. Reboot and it's disabled again. Anyone know of any other ways to get it back?

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Feb 22, 2019
  2. infrared Win User

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task Manager Not Available ;)

infrared, Feb 22, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Task Manager Not Available

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager Not Available

1. Task Manager Not Available - Similar Threads - Task Manager Available

2. Task manager showing less ram than available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  3. Task manager showing less ram than available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager showing less ram than available: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D15 and it has 16GB ram.when i open task manager it says Im using 20% 400mb of ram!??!available ram is 15.8GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-less-ram-than-available/6e4da0ad-095b-4b30-b003-b58808cb22ad
  4. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: This morning I disabled some settings in the antivirus settings in my computer, because I have to take an online exam and the app SEB Exam Browser that I take it with tells me to disable antivirus temporarily as it locks down the computer for the exam and antivirus sometimes...
  5. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: This morning I disabled some settings in the antivirus settings in my computer, because I have to take an online exam and the app SEB Exam Browser that I take it with tells me to disable antivirus temporarily as it locks down the computer for the exam and antivirus sometimes...
  6. "Commit size" is not available in Task Manager on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Commit size" is not available in Task Manager on Windows 11: If I understand it correctly, Windows 10's Task Manager has the column "Commit size". I cannot find it on Windows 11. Could anyone shed some light on this?...
  7. "Commit size" is not available in Task Manager on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Commit size" is not available in Task Manager on Windows 11: If I understand it correctly, Windows 10's Task Manager has the column "Commit size". I cannot find it on Windows 11. Could anyone shed some light on this?...
  8. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: Hi guys, I have trouble shutting down my laptop, there is no power options available and when I wanted to open the task manager, it says it has been disabled by administrator.... The thing is I am using the administrator and I am the administrator... Furthermore, the option...
  9. Task Manager Won’t Open and No Power Options Available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager Won’t Open and No Power Options Available: Hello, I have a problem on my windows device in which i can’t open the task manager. Not only that, but when i click on the power button in the start menu, it says that there aren’t any power options available. If you can help, that would mean a lot. Thanks...
  10. Task Manager Not Available

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Not Available: So I recently installed Windows 10 Pro and upgraded to 1803 (I Think The Latest Release). Now for some reason I do not have the option to run Task Manager from right clicking and the option for Task Manager is there however is not clickable. Same for when I do CTRL+ALT+DEL...